“ADVENTURE”

1906 Pine Crest Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Tryon B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife and I settled into the Windsor Suite. Lit the fireplace and enjoyed a relaxing evening. At 10:00 PM the wind picked up and we were in for an exciting evening. The wind blew down Two trees and dropped at power pole. At 2:00 AM we wee out of electricity. This is where the "Experienced Traveler " gets out there travel flashlights. We got up at 06:00 AM and took a hot shower by flashlight. I went too the Inn and lo and behold the Kitchen Staff and Inn Keeper Linda had made Hot coffee. Thanks to the kitchen staff and Innkeeper , Linda we were served a Hot Breakfast Buffet on paper plates. The Staff deserves KUDOS for accepting and stepping up to the challenge of no electricity .Special mention goes to Lindsey, Linda, Jennifer, Jennifer, Celia and Amy.

The Suites were very comfortable and quiet. The Breakfasts were very well planned and tasty.
It was a very good B&B Experience.

The Staff makes
you feel welcome. That must include Shadow the cat that will attempt to follow you into your
suite She is an outside cat..

Room Tip: All rooms are exquisite !
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 30, 2014

March 22-24, I spent a busy, yet relaxing weekend in Tryon and Saluda. Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy all that PCI had to offer as I was zip lining at The Gorge, touring the Biltmore, and hiking at Pearson's Falls. PCI was extremely comfortable and relaxing at the end of each busy night and peaceful to wake up to each morning. The rooms were clean and the service was amazing. I paid a little extra for breakfast in my room both mornings. My favorite part was the sincerity and very friendly/professional staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our fifth time visiting PCI. If you need a stress reliever and a place to relax, visit the PCI. Every staff member will go out of their way to make sure you have a great time. The food is excellent and the fireplace is a wonderful place to enjoy morning coffee or evening drinks.

Room Tip: Choose a suite with a fire place if visiting in cooler weather.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maceye
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at the 1906 Bed and Breakfast November 2012 to celebrate our anniversary. Our room was spotless and cozy. The bed was very comfortable. The grounds were beautiful. Breakfast was awesome, we loved the fireplace too. Everything about our stay at this B & B was wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

What a lovely place! Located in historic Tryon, NC, The Pine Crest Inn creates a "right at home" feeling while you're getting away from it all. Genuine, helpful service, comfortable, relaxing setting, neat accommodations, lots to do nearby . . . we will return!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My brother & I were in Tryon visiting family. We stayed the weekend at the Pine Crest Inn. I loved the charm and hospitality. I would definitely not hesitate to return for another visit. The food was great too. We had the complimentary breakfast, and it was all homemade and delicious.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My hubby and I just got back from a wonderful stay at the Inn. The drive up to the Inn was inviting and tucked away just nicely! We stayed in the Devon room which was nicely appointed and very quaint for our one night away from home. The bed was very clean, comfy, nice pillows that were large and not that short hotel stuff I hate! The whole room was so clean I felt I could go barefoot( which I never do at hotels)! Bathroom was stocked with more towels than we could have used and my bath towel was extra long which I love! We were able to book the on site restaurant for dinner and the service, food, and atmosphere was superb~! The decor everywhere was very tasteful and not old country-quiltish! The best thing was the Innkeepers ALWAYS addressed us by name when we came in. That really made us feel special. I hope to return many times!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tryon
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
#3 of 11 in Hendersonville
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hendersonville SE - Flat Rock
The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa

Been to 1906 Pine Crest Inn? Share your experiences!