“Not bad for Tman!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not bad for Tman!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were in the area and decided to try something different for Troutman. I have the Lettuce Wrap, which was good but a little salty and Chicken & Rice soup. Hubby had Smoked Salmon Sushi, onion soup, and house salad. Overall everything was hot and good. The service was fast and friendly. The place is tiny, but cozy.

• Visited December 2013

Clemmons, North Carolina
“Not the Best Ever”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Went there last week on Thursday night for dinner--I was the only one there. The sanitation grade is just above 90 which makes it suspect to me from the start. Ordered and when the food came out the carrots were stone cold. the waitress seemed more interested in sending text messages than taking care of her only customer-too much horse play between the waitress and one of the cooks--just did not like the vibes I was getting--food was ok but not great. I would not recommend the place to others--there are better places to eat close by.

• Visited December 2013
Troutman, North Carolina
“Updated Review”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I reviewed this restaurant last year and wanted to update my review. I no longer live in Troutman. I moved to Mooresville and Kyjos is a little further away. There are several Japanese/Oriental food places in Mooresville and I have tried them all. I still prefer Kyjos over those in Mooresville and if I am ever going to Troutman I usually plan to include a visit to Kyjos. Their menu has been updated and they now have a sushi bar (not for me) and have made other improvements. I love their food and they always greet me with a smile and excellent service. Worth the trip.

• Visited September 2013
Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
“names changed to KYJOS several years ago!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

kyjos menu changes alot, waitstaff is hit or miss..last time I was there the waiter forgot to put my order in..sushi is good a bit pricey for the area.

1 Thank annemarie604
J_Vilay, Owner at Kyjos, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
You are right! Our name has changed to KYJOS since December 2009. We are fortunate to be in Troutman for almost 4 years. We have learned so much over the years! Experience has helped us understand the town more. Changing and adjusting our menu was our way of trying to better serve everyone. Improvements are to being made on a daily basis. Please ask about our daily sushi specials!
Troutman, North Carolina
“My favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I also wanted to refute the review by the person in Salisbury. I live in the area and frequent this restaurant at least once or twice a week. I normally get take out but have eaten there as well. I have NEVER been treated with anything other than kindness, respect and a genuine desire to make my visit a good experience. I always feel welcome. When I come in they always greet me with a smile, talk to me about anything new they have added to the already excellent menu, and let me know what the specials are. I have NEVER had anything less than what I expected when I get home with my meal, very well seasoned, prepared well and tasting wonderful. I work from home approximately 4 miles from the restaurant and there are times I am either physically unable to pick up my food or waiting on an important call and can't go. They have started delivery service and that made my year. All in all, excellent food, exellent staff, clean and friendly place and a more than adequate menu to select from. There is a Dominos and very good Italian place in the same shopping facility but my choice is always Oishi.

• Visited June 2012
J_Vilay, Owner at Kyjos, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
It is always a pleasure to serve you!