“Seafood lasagna to die for!”

Breezeway Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Breezeway Restaurant at Topsail Island situated on picturesque Topsail Sound, this casual seafood family restaurant provides waterfront dining at its very best. Conveniently located 6.2 miles south of Surf City stoplight The Breezeway sits right at the waters edge. The Cherry Family invite you to join them for delicious seafood, hushpuppies and a spectacular view of the Topsail Sound.
Cary, North Carolina
“Seafood lasagna to die for!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

For the past decade, have made this place a must - great view of the sound, nice service and hushpuppies - can't go wrong.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Marc C

Elizabethton, Tennessee
“Good food, good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Ok, there wasn't much to choose from in the way of other restaurants. I think there was only one other restaurant open, but the Jolly Roger hotel recommended this place. We had a good seafood meal at fair prices.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank LaurelLondon
“Excellent Island Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had dinner here last night, and all eight of us thoroughly enjoyed it.
I had the small (20 pieces) breaded shrimp platter, with fries and slaw. Peggy had shrimp and scallops over linguini. Others had fresh fish, or crab legs or a variety of other dishes.
The hush puppies they serve - like Mexican restaurants serve chips and salsa - were great. No butter or ketchup needed, just bite in and enjoy.
Great view of the sunset over the Inter-coastal Waterway on the backside of Topsail Island.
We eat here every time we're at Topsail.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Greg S
“Beautiful View and Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Don't miss the beautiful sunsets from here! Food was delicious as well. Try the hot crab dip- yum! Hushpuppies are best I've tasted. Walk on the docks while you're waiting for your dinner or afterwards - and don't forget your camera!!

1 Thank deeceepee1
Virginia
“Average everything”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I called in the early afternoon of a Wednesday, to see if I would need reservations. I was told that they don't take reservations and they open at 5pm. When we showed up at 6pm, there was a note taped to the door saying they are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Would have been nice is the guy on the phone had told me that before we drove there.

Anyway, we went back on Thursday, because I'm a hushpuppie fiend, and I had to have their famous hushpuppies. The service was okay, our waitress was friendly enough. We didn't get our food super fast, but it didn't take forever. It was an everage wait.

My fetucinne was bland and the sauce was thick and congealed, it was very unapetizing. I think I ate about 5 bites before I just gave up. My son seemed to like it a bit more than me, though. Everyone's else's entrees were just average. My mom thought her fish was on the greasy side and she didn't finish it. The hushpuppies were a big disappointment. Everyone at the table agreed. The tap water tasted like dirt. That's all I drink, and in the 9 or so restaurants we ate at during the week, this was the only water I couldn't drink. Nasty.

The location was convenient and right on the water, which was nice. The carpet was worn and needed to be updated. In fact, I would say the whole place needed a makeover. It appeared worn down and just old.

We won't be going back to this one.

Visited August 2012