“Average everything”

Breezeway Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Breezeway Restaurant at Topsail Island situated on picturesque Topsail Sound, this casual seafood family restaurant provides waterfront dining at its very best. Conveniently located 6.2 miles south of Surf City stoplight The Breezeway sits right at the waters edge. The Cherry Family invite you to join them for delicious seafood, hushpuppies and a spectacular view of the Topsail Sound.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I called in the early afternoon of a Wednesday, to see if I would need reservations. I was told that they don't take reservations and they open at 5pm. When we showed up at 6pm, there was a note taped to the door saying they are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Would have been nice is the guy on the phone had told me that before we drove there.

Anyway, we went back on Thursday, because I'm a hushpuppie fiend, and I had to have their famous hushpuppies. The service was okay, our waitress was friendly enough. We didn't get our food super fast, but it didn't take forever. It was an everage wait.

My fetucinne was bland and the sauce was thick and congealed, it was very unapetizing. I think I ate about 5 bites before I just gave up. My son seemed to like it a bit more than me, though. Everyone's else's entrees were just average. My mom thought her fish was on the greasy side and she didn't finish it. The hushpuppies were a big disappointment. Everyone at the table agreed. The tap water tasted like dirt. That's all I drink, and in the 9 or so restaurants we ate at during the week, this was the only water I couldn't drink. Nasty.

The location was convenient and right on the water, which was nice. The carpet was worn and needed to be updated. In fact, I would say the whole place needed a makeover. It appeared worn down and just old.

We won't be going back to this one.

2  Thank disneymommy2000

Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Our family ate at the breezeway our first night on the island and it was by far the food we have ate so far. Great view of the sound with the sunset.

1  Thank Jca0143
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We went last night for dinner. Place is old and sort of dirty. Service was fine but server brought food out on old plastic cart which struck me as odd. Silverware is provided in little paper pockets and dressing was in plastic tubs . Prices were high for the food quality and location. I wouldn't return.

1  Thank Kristen N
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Average restaurant, expensive for what you get. I had the shrimp and grits special. The grits were creamy and wonderful. Unfortunately the shrimp and the sauce were not as hot as they should have been.....otherwise it would have been absolutely delicious. Husband had shrimp scampi which was meciocre. The view is lovely and I think we would have been better off to have ordered fried seafood as I believe that is what they are known for.

1  Thank pinkgal47
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Pretty good food for the area but that ain;t saying much. Breakfast for the area is limited. And you can tell ur in the bible belt cause on Sunday the roll up thr streets at 5!

2  Thank James L