“Breathtaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea Vista Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Topsail Beach
Sea Vista Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Topsail Beach
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Breathtaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel may be older but it is right on the ocean. We stayed in the honeymoon suite that is the only room on the top(3) floor. Be warned no elevators, but who cares. This is the most private and peaceful place I have ever stayed. We watched dolphins and ships andleft the curtains open beforewe went to bed because their is total privacy and we woke up to a beautiful sunrise and nothing but an ocean view everyday.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank JFMartin20

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

As per other reviewers I wasn't sure what to expect but I loved every minute at Sea Vista. Checkin was smooth accompanied with very friendly suggestions for dining options. My room (207) was spotless and very comfortable. It's a beach-side location so a little rust is par for the course and all the furnishings were more than adequate. Daily beach strolls were fantastic and sunrises sublime. This isn't a corporate franchise but a sea-side retreat. I didn't want to be bothered by anyone or anything - and wasn't. (5-star would have been given if the upstairs occupants hadn't made such a noise stomping about however). All in all though I'm glad I chose Sea Vista. I would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 0livinglife1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at the Sea Vista July 1-8th and had the best time! Our room (307) was very clean and comfortable. It was the same room we stayed in last year. Staff is very friendly. I absolutely loved waking up to the sound of the ocean every morning. Great place. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank cheflauren2
Pleasant Garden, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I really don't understand all the bad reviews! We went for a get-a-way weekend and it could not have been better. The staff was friendly and our room (#315) was perfect! The bed was very comfortable and the view was great! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kim G
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

After reading some of the reviews here I was a bit apprehensive about booking this property. Remember this is not a corporate hotel but a privately owned older hotel. You are paying for great beachfront access not a lot of amenities.

Everything in our room while older or of discount store quality was clean and serviceable and our king bed was great for sleeping. My wife loved the extra deep bathtub in our room which you'll never see in chain hotels. Staff was cheerful and pleasant. Others have mentioned the "grumpy old man" at the desk. The fellow I dealt with was anything but grumpy..

Walks on the beach, fishing, kite flying, beachcombing are all right out the back of the building. We had a great weekend and booked it again for later this year.

Room Tip: Walls and floors are thin, light sleepers should bring earplugs. You may want to bring your own lin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Kumasan
Greenville, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here over St. Patrick's Day weekend with our dog. The view was amazing, the room was a nice size, beds were comfortable, room was clean, beach was very nice. Room is worn, but very clean and comfortable. We will definately here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JP2sAdventures
Statesville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I booked 2 nights and after climbing 2 floors with suitecases, my room was average except for great view of ocean. After 5 hous of driving I was looking forward to a hot shower. Surprise! There was NO HOT WATER and the office was closed for the day!! Next morning I went to office to ask for another room and report situation and girl behind desk said "she was told to say my room shared hot water with room next door (214 my room)". When I said no one was in either room next to me, she got flustered. Out comes this old man from back room and proceedes to say he will not give me another room because they are closing next week for the season. When I said what kind of a business acepts reservations and does not offer HOT WATER he said maybe I should leave! Then I said I Have family in another room and want to stay. At this point HE YELLS GET OUT OR I WILL CALL POLICE. Did I mention I am a 72 year old women !!!!!! Awful experience.

Room Tip: Unless old man in office is removed,I would never stay there!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry
Shell Island Resort
Shell Island Resort
#4 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Sea Vista Motel? Share your experiences!