“Great Spot for Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and I had lunch here and it was great. The food and service were perfect. I now see why the place was crowded

There are newer reviews for Beach Shop and Grill

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My family had lunch here on a Saturday. I ordered the seafood basket, and it was excellent. I think it's the best seafood I can remember having, at the beach or not. The basket came with fried flounder and shrimp, cole slaw, french fries, and hushpuppies. None of it was greasy, and the batter had a little spice. Not hot spicy, but it wasn't plain batter. It was really excellent.

My only complaint would be that the basket came with an enormous amount of french fries, and only two hush puppies. The leftover french fries from two baskets filled an entire to-go box! But this is just my preference; I prefer hush puppies over fries.

The menu had a wide variety of foods, most of which didn't include seafood. My mother has been to the restaurant a few times and always orders the reuben sandwich because she just likes it so much.

The service was good - attentive, but not bothersome. The atmosphere is perfect - not fancy, but not too casual. Don't dress up, but you can't wear a bathing suit. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

While the burger itself tasted awesome the prices were a bit steep for me. The bun to my burger was large and chewy. My order was not completely correct and the potato chips that I got served instead of my potato salad was hard and tasteless. Otherwise the employees were very friendly. I'm just a bit unsatisfied for what I paid for.

1  Thank Terry B
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Have had calamari many places in many cities but never this good. My husband and I practically swooned.

This was our fourth time at the restaurant and, once again, didn't disappoint but it was the first time we ordered the calamari and that certainly didn't disappoint.

The wait staff is great. They just know when you need them with you and when you don't and they always have the right answer without having to "go and ask".

Only fair to mention that the Beach Shop itself is also a fun place to go either before or after an experience in the Grill. I definitely need to get back there before our stay is over.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Went there for dinner and had a perfect meal. Food carefully prepared and served, unusual menu choices, and an energetic atmosphere. Ben, our server, did his best to keep things lively with just the amount of engagement.

So good we came back for lunch the next day.