“Good Place to Eat”

Ranked #5 of 86 Restaurants in Thomasville
Thomasville
“Good Place to Eat”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our family stops here at least two to three times a month. Great locally owned family restaurant. We normally visit on a Friday or Saturday evening as that is when we're together and have time to dine out. It's clean, reasonably priced and the food is very good. Their wait staff has improved over the past year and we have a couple of dynamo favorite waitresses and we ask for one or the other of them if they are working. The menu continues to grow but still have many old favorites such as: Chicken Marsala, Fried Shrimp, Fettuccine Alfredo and their Jimmy Burger. We like the fact that everyone in our family can get whatever they want from pasta to seafood or home cooking and the desserts are divine! They need to put out a dessert case and showcase those babies instead of just listing them on a board though!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank TVilleLocal

High Point, North Carolina
“The Best”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I eat here quite frequently and love it! I have special dietary needs and the staff and owner are always helpful and willing to help me. They are friendly and not to mention the food is wonderful! I too eat something different every time I go and have enjoyed everything I have gotten. Great seafood, wonderful Italian dishes and the Chicken Piccata is one of my favs! They seem to have found the perfect combination of items to country style food to more of a bistro style with their specialty dishes. Everything seems fresh and clean. I also like it because it fits the entire family and they all find something they love. From their fresh chicken tenders for my youngest to my finicky husband. We always enjoy the trip

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank susan c
Thomasville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I get something different every time I go and nothing I had there was horrible. My favorite so far is the Chicken Marsala and the Shrimp and Grits. They are very flavorful and taste very fresh. For the price, you get a lot for what you pay. I love the atmosphere and the waitress I had was very nice and got me what I needed even though she was a little busy. My family and I will defiantly make this a place we eat at a lot.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Melina D
Greensboro, North Carolina
“With a little work, this could be a very good place to eat”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The exterior and interior of this restaurant are both very nice . The interior ambiance is very good and the place is very clean and airy.The food needs to be hotter when it is served. More fresh vegetables would be helpful. Chicken pie should be served with at least a little bit of crust on top.
The service needs to be a little better. Lastly, I believe that the owners should get a different brand of tea.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank TheAmericanFoodieUSA
NC
“Attractive dining room, but wish the food and service were good.”
Reviewed November 16, 2009

It's a shame this place doesn't have better food. My family has eaten here several times and we have really tried to like it. Service is spotty, and almost nonexistent during our last visit. We give Rosa Mae's 2 stars for the pretty and clean dining room. But that's as far as it goes. The food all looks and tastes like they add a brown flavoring, even to grilled yellow squash. Really, I'm not kidding. The same goes for all the gravies on the country style steak, hamburger steak, etc. The potatoes are good but they are instant from a box. One of us ordered seafood - shrimp & oysters. They could have been good but they were fried in old rancid grease. The bread was luke-cool. We probably won't go back, and we do not recommend it to anyone. Instead, go to Mama Mia's up the road a bit.

3 Thank NCjoyful