“Great picture opportunity”

42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Great picture opportunity”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Its just a big chair in a park. Was kinda hard to find so keep driving until you find it and park near it. It's located on the town hall info office so you can get good parking space there to take pictures. We walked around the strip for a bit but nothing else is really special but now I can say "Did it and done that".

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Destiny U

Morristown, New Jersey
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“The Big Chair Still Stands”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The big chair still stands in this small, friendly town that is known as the furniture capital of the world. It proudly stands on a well manicured lot next to the railroad crossing in the center of town. It symbolizes the area's great heritage of fine furniture making by skilled craftsmen.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Janet C
Minneapolis, Minnesota
717 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 629 helpful votes
“It's a big chair, but...”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I wouldn't make a special trip to see it... The chair is in a little park along the main drag and next to some railroad tracks. I almost missed it as the way I was driving, a big tree blocked my immediate view of it. It sits just down the street from the Depot and there is a neat mural on the building across from the gas station. It would be a bit neater if you could sit in it.

Visited May 2013
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Just amazing!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I were driving and trying to find a good place to eat. It was starting to get dark and I wasn't sure we would get to see it, but we found "the big chair" and it was even better than the photos! We didn't get to take a pic, but we won't forget seeing that amazing chair!

Visited April 2013
Thomasville, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“"Have you seen the "Big Chair"??....”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is what us locals ask people who visit Thomasville. It is what has put T'ville on the map! Thomasville Furniture and the Largest Duncan Phyfe Chair in the center of downtown Thomasville NC sits alongside the railroad tracks and across from the town square clock. In the spring/summer is the best time to take a few quick photos, as the flowers are in full bloom and foundations are running. Nearby is the old train depot and Thomasville Furniture factories. There a few locally owned business on Main St. and as you drive into town it is just another small NC town with fast food, banks and a Walmart. But it is home :)

Visited March 2013