“Creative southern food with a nice ambiance”
Review of Southern Sisters - CLOSED

Southern Sisters
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

When looking for a great restaurant to refer to clients - this is my go-to choice for lunch in Thomasville. The menu has something for everyone with a little southern flair.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Nothing Southern about this over hyped place.

Food was AWFUL and cold. Service worse.

And for some reason they thought it was "quaint" to have a BAND in the tiny dining area?

Waste of time and money. We will not return.

5  Thank 508debram
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Great food drinks and service.Newest place in the area with cresh cooked when ordered.Thdt have a large variety if dishes sure ti satisfy anyone!'

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I went with friends to eat at Southern Sisters on Easter Sunday, 2014, and I wish it had been a better experience. This was my first trip to SS; my partner has been once and enjoyed that meal, so when I suggested it for Easter, he liked the idea. We had 12:30 reservations- they were open that Sunday from 11:00-3:00 by reservation only, and as were sitting just behind the Host, I heard a lot of people informed on the phone that the restaurant was completely booked. We were seated immediately when we arrived, and our server (I think her name was Casey- she was sweet) came by right away and got our drink order. When we got to the buffet, we noticed that it was small and that one of the items, the broccoli casserole, was almost gone. Other foods included fried chicken, sliced ham, tomato casserole, macaroni and cheese, creamed corn, green beans, and mashed potatoes with gravy. The server brought rolls and deviled eggs that were decorated to look like little chick faces to the table. For the cost to be $22.00 per person, the standard of the food did not match the price. Only the tomato casserole had a gourmet feel; my fried chicken was still a little frozen in the middle, the mashed potatoes and gravy were not very good, and the deviled eggs I was looking so forward to barely qualified as deviled. It didn't taste like much of anything had been added to the yolk. The broccoli and macaroni and cheese both tasted like something made from a simple recipe at home, and while that isn't awful, it sure doesn't represent the price we paid. Desserts were either peach cobbler or apple crisp, and anyone who has made the "one cup of peaches/sugar/butter/flour/milk" or the simple apple/oats/brown sugar/butter versions of these dishes knows that they are about the easiest things you can prepare to serve for dessert. The whole meal just wasn't what I was hoping for in a culinary sense, but what made it worse was the situation around us in the restaurant. While we ate I saw parties come in the door and have to wait several minutes for the host to come and help them, and then I started hearing the host apologize to people as they were leaving, over and over. A married couple that I know very well stopped by our table on their way out and said their experience was a "disaster from the start" and that they would not return- long wait even though they had reservations, being seated at a table in the middle of a narrow doorway, extremely slow service with their drinks, and no food when they went to prepare a plate. And the strangest thing that happened was to see a gentleman I presumed was either the owner or manager walk by our table to the front door and turn on the lamp on the host's table, the sconce lighting on the wall, the television on the wall, and music played throughout the restaurant. By now the time was almost 1:30 in the afternoon and they would be closing at 3:00- why wait until now to perform these very simple tasks? One would think that as he made his way past diners that he would at least acknowledge them in some way, but it was like he couldn't see anyone.
Southern Sisters is a pretty restaurant in a nice spot in Thomasville, but the bottom line in any restaurant is food and service, and they missed the mark on both of these. I'll give it one more try during a normal dinner service and hope it's better...

6  Thank vchords
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday 2013 was a fabulous experience at Southen Sisters. And a very far cry from Easter Sunday 2014 when the only food choice was a cold and depleted food buffet on top of beyond lousy service...drinks finally arrived in the middle of the meal and the cold bread at the end of the meal and what was supposed to be the cute deviled eggs left on another table beside our table. My older nephew finally got up and brought them to or table.

6  Thank Sherry H