“Overpriced and certainly not southern”
Review of Southern Sisters - CLOSED

Southern Sisters
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

A friend and I went here for Sunday lunch. Menu choices were all over the place; an attempt I suppose to offer "something for everyone". Their vegetable plates were VERY overpriced at $9 for 3 vegetables. And the choices were limited. The sauteed okra was bland and made from pods that were a bit too large to be tender. The salad with homemade bleu cheese dressing was also bland. Service was slow and the tea was average. Our table was small and it was very dark in the restaurant. Would not go here again.

5  Thank waxwing3

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We went for the first time for my wife's birthday with some family members who had ate there before. Food and service was good but it was SO loud in the restaurant we could hardly talk without yelling. My suggestion to the restaurant would be take the pictures of the palm trees down and replace them with some antique quilts or something that would catch the sound and make the overall experience more enjoyable to the ears. No reservations are accepted but you can call ahead and get your name on the list. Highly recommended because seating is very limited.

1  Thank Deerskinner
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nicely decorated inside, seating at the bar, and four outdoor tables give you a couple of seating options at this relatively small local restaurant. Above average number of wines by the glass makes this a great option if you want a good wine but not the entire bottle. I sat outside and enjoyed the sounds of the town complete with a passing train (or three) and the town clock. The waitstaff was very attentive - and cute. They make their own ground beef which means you can order it as rare as you would like. Even though I ordered a burger, I was treated to bread with salted butter or apple butter. The order arrived timely and hot. The burger was well above average. Pink inside. Nice quantity of slaw, mustard, mayo (sorry not Dukes), and chili. Threw some hot sauce (Texas Pete) on it an Lordy was it good. Ok, so I forgot to get cheese but that's my bad. The bun was very fresh but started to overcome the burger on the second half...or was I just getting full. The grits were very tasty but admittedly mushy (if you ever have a hangover...eat the grits!). I liked that the menu was broad enough so that no matter what you were in the mood for you could get it at this local gem. Overall, very good find - especially in Thomasville!. Next time, I'll bring the family, sit outside again, and try the steaks...the description sounded interesting. BTW...loved the background music.

1  Thank NCEddie
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I dined here this past Friday night with family. It was three of us and we got there pretty early for a Friday night. The hostess was not very friendly at all. The décor was absolutely beautiful and I loved every inch inside and out. ONLY if I could say the food taste as good as the placed looked we might be in ok shape. It was absolutely atrocious. All three plates were wrong. We did not want to complain because it took long enough. The salad wasn’t even correct. I asked for tomatoes but fine. Then I did not receive shrimp with my meal as asked I did however ask for a side of it. The pasta was barely warm not hot at all. The chicken plate was asked to not have honey mustard on it and it did. It was ruined. The meatloaf plate was disgusting. Only thing true to its name was the sweet tea, it was good. I might be back but I doubt it. I never come to Thomasville, well I’m disappointed every time I come to the town…

5  Thank April C
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've been here 7 times and although I've said it before, I will NOT come back for visit #8. I've brought business dinners, birthday parties, and family dinners to this place. The food is great (meatloaf = delicious) however the service is HORRIBLE. I mean H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. Every time we've been here we have waited at least 10 minutes to be greeted at the table. Servers never go above and beyond. In fact, most servers never even do their job. Food takes forever to get to the table and there is never an explanation as to why. If you have a ton of time to wait for your food and don't care about having a crappy server, then go for the food. Otherwise, go somewhere else.

4  Thank seneeves