“Great service but the prices are high and food inconsistent”
Review of Southern Sisters - CLOSED

Southern Sisters
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have eaten there several times as our neighbor is one of the cooks. The prices are high for what you get and depending on the cook depends on the amount of food you get. I love our server and try to get the same one each time!

3  Thank Mary H

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Well.... my wife and i have been there 3 times before tonight. Every time we have been there wife and i have been dressed nicely. Tonight we where not i was wearing a snap on jacket and my wife a nice zip up hoodie tje management/ owner ask EVERY TABLE AROUND us how there meal was didnt say a word to us so......... dont understand that and second of all one dish one the menu has change from two 5 ounce chicken breast to one five ounce chicken breast for the same price of 14.95 so if your gonna take away half of the meat take half of the price down i think this place needs GORDON RAMSEY KITCHEN NIGHTMARES

7  Thank Hydroxside
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The food was very good. Had the tomato casserole, with the chicken pot pie, both were delicious. The hubby had the Jezebel chicken, with the loaded mashed potatos, he really enjoyed both items. Overall the food and waitress were very good. On the down side, very noisey in there and the tea was not sweet enough, like colored water, will get water next time, unless they change the way they make tea, and they were slow on bringing the food to the table. Overall, we are going back. :)

1  Thank Shebea
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Nov. 13, 2012 We stopped by just to try the food before we took friends there for the Thanksgiving Day Buffet............This is the worst food I have ever had.....Greasy, greasy and more grease.....
Turkey day buffet is $25.00 a person.........I like my friends better than this......

I will fix Thanksgiving dinner myself :-)

My husband had the soup, it had no taste........Oysters & Shrimp was nothing but (grease)
We was so excited to see a NEW restaurant in Thomasville....That didn't last long.......I hope this review saves your Thanksgiving :-)

9  Thank Truthalways52
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently worked for Southern Sisters in Thomasville. It is a new restaurant. Very poorly run and operated. All of the claims on this page are true. The food on the menu is not served as stated on the menu. The owner, ***, changes the menu as she pleases last minute and does not tell the staff. We often believed that the motto there was "This is ***'s world, and we just live in it!" Then the kitchen does not communicate changes to the servers. Hence, the servers can not communicate to the customers. Many times I served the same meal that was differently prepared for different people, however ordered identically.

The kitchen does not use gloves when preparing food and one cook has never been seen to wash their hands. Foods are left out for an entire shift that should be refrigerated such as dairy and egg based products. This could be anywhere from 4 to 7 hours a day. I would not eat a salad from the restaurant either. Servers are made to make their own salads and do not use gloves. Many times one will prepare a salad immediately after cleaning off or clearing a table.

Additionally, I have had a problem for the past 2 months getting a correct paycheck from the owners. They blame the problems on the company they use for payroll and when I called that company (ADP), I was told that anything wrong on the paychecks is from the information submitted to them by the owner. The paychecks are dated for a month in the future (12/02/12) and the owner is telling us that they are for a month in the past (September 2012). They state the incorrect amount of hours and claim I make more than I do in tips.

15  Thank letseat00