“"Small/Peaceful Atmosphere"”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Thomasville
Montpelier Station, Virginia
“"Small/Peaceful Atmosphere"”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stay at this hotel when in Thomasville for business endeavors throughout the year for several reasons- Convenience of location (right off the interstate), Quiet area (ability to get a peaceful night's sleep while there), Mostly Non-Smoking hotel with only a few smoking rooms (which we really appreciate as non-smokers), Friendly staff (Lawanna & Shallon) & the Overall Value for the price. This hotel is family owned & operated by the Amin family & they are always eager to go out of their way to ensure your stay is as pleasant as it can be. They, like many small business owners provide what they can at a very fair price in order to maintain daily operations in a struggling economy. We are only in need of a hot shower & some rest after our long days there, so for us, it's great! Also included in their low price, is a nice little continental breakfast, ample parking, microwave, frig in all rooms & free internet. So it's a real find & value for those on a small budget & in need of some peace & quiet without all the frills.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hwhitehead
Harshad1943, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi, responded to this review, January 26, 2015
Thank you very much for staying with our Microtel Inn & Suites. We appreciate your nice comments
about us.
Harshad Amin, Mgr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Woodbury, Connecticut
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was one of the worst rooms I have ever stayed in. I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights for a business trip with an associate When I first walked in to the hotel, it was extremely hot in the lobby. At the front desk, they had a note saying not to turn the ac in your room all the way up because it will freeze. Right then and there, I knew there would be problems. Upon entering my room, there was an immediate moldy smell. The carpet was filthy. There were bobby pins, hair, and a piece of chewed gum on one side of the bed. I immediately checked the bed for bugs, but thankfully, there were none. There was hair in the bed, and when i took the pillows out of the pillow cases to check for bugs, I noticed there were stains on the pillows themselves. The pillows were also very flat. I found one pillow without stains and ended up using that one with one of my shirts over it. The office chair upholstery was also stained. The tile in the bathroom was cracked and the tiles actually moved when I walked on them. The trim on the bathroom door was separated from the wall. The bathroom towels were the Mainstay brand, which is the cheap Walmart brand. My colleague's room had similar problems. We both decided to check out after one night and take a late flight back home, because there was no way we could stay another night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Thomasville hotels

Garner, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I wish that all Motels were as nice as this one. It was exceptionally clean! The lobby was very inviting and the woman at the desk was very helpful. The rooms are beautiful and also very clean, with plenty of towels. It is in a very convenient location. We would definitely stay there again when passing through the area.
Dion & Carole Morse

Room Tip: We requested in lower floor and they granted our request.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carolegris
USA
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Besides the great location, staff was friendly, room was clean. Hotel was basic with extremely basic breakfast. We usually eat breakfast at hotels no matter how bare, but this one was VERY minimal. 1 exit away is the main area of Thomasville.

Room was basic but comfy, too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NoneReally
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Will definitely stay here again when I'm back in the area. Excellent location right off I 85 which I needed, very clean, great bed and linens, microwave and larger size frig, more than standard continental breakfast, and very friendly and helpful staff. The owners make you feel welcomed and go out of their way to meet your needs. Non smoking rooms have absolutely no odor whatsoever. A keeper!

Room Tip: I had a room right near the elevator - which I never heard. Very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank GLS1225
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you are going to Thomasville, NC, you will find that your choices for hotels is limited - very limited. Of the 5-6 we saw, 3 were closed. I stopped at one and asked to see a non-smoking room. Walkig down the hall it was obvious the "non" smoking rooms are interspersed with the smoking ones. The hall smelled of smoke as did the room I had been given the key to check. After looking at 2 other hotels and almost deciding to go to the next town, I stopped by the Microtel Inn and Suites. I was greeted by a very friendly gentleman I later found to be the manager, Mr. Harshad Amin. Mr. Amin was very gracious and glad to show me a room before I made a decision. The room was a pleasant surprise - quiet, cool and inviting. The covers on the beds were more like an upscale hotel than a small, medium rate one. It was obvious that Mr. Amin was proud of the fact his hotel is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. He even said, "You can go look at any other hotel and you will come back and stay here. He was confident in that - and correct! If traveling to or through Thomasville, save yourself some time and headache. Just go to Microtel on Lake Road, check in and enjoy a comfortable, pleasant stay. Tell Mr. Amin "HI" for me - nice gentleman!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andy B
Centreville, Maryland
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The staff was very friendly and accommodating I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Bcmitten
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomasville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Thomasville
Hampton Inn High Point
Hampton Inn High Point
#1 of 6 in Archdale

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi? Share your experiences!