Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Thomasville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very Helpful Manager”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Nice hotel to stay at. It was close to where I was working and a very convenient for me. My plans changed after one night in the hotel so I checked out, but a few hours later my plans changed again and I needed to get a hotel. The manager easily helped me get a room with two beds (first time I only needed a 1 bed room) and he even moved my luggage from the 1st room to the 2nd room.
Got a very affordable rate for the 1 queen room and the 2 queen room. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 26, 2011

The Microtel was very clean, quaint and safe. During our stay, my daughter and I was very, very pleased; especially with the staff! Thanks to all the staff; they not only make you feel welcomed but, they make you feel at home! Again, thanks to a great staff!
Selena

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Morganton, North Carolina
Reviewed March 30, 2011

when you first walk in it looks nice. once you get into your room it all goes bad! when we walked into the bathroom the sheet rock was falling into the shower and just nasty on the bottom. then when it was time to go to sleep, you could of slept better on the floor and wouldn't of felt itchy the next morning! this hotel is defiantly one you DONT want to stay at

Room Tip: keep driving past mircotel its BAD
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rmay082990

Travelers are raving about these Thomasville hotels

Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I read the other reviews on this site and decided we should stay at the Microtel Inn also. I dont know why everyone says this place is so great and clean. This is the dirtiest hotel we have ever stayed in. We wanted to get our money back but we didnt even get to the room until about 1 am and we have 3 kids who were ready for bed. My husband woke up this morning with bites on his arm. The towels are visibly dirty-grease stains and not white but yellow. Too dirty for me to even want to take a shower and then have to dry off with a dirty towel. The fridge and microwave are dirty. The tray for the ice bucket has something spilled all over it. The ancient tv is up on top of an armoire so you have to crane your neck to look at it. I could go on and on but I wont because I want to leave this filthy place right now! Believe me, if you care at all about where you sleep, this IS NOT the place for you.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelingWithKids76
HumbleGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
They came in late and they paid for 2 nights and they complained so we gave refund and checked them out. If towels are dirty they could showed us. Customar makes phony made complain and supposed to give refund to make them happy. We have great well maintained property and we like to see genuene compain and solve it.
1 % of customar wants something for free which is lowering moral for employee and house keepers. most of the customar dont leave any tip for house keeper which make minimum wage and works hard and we appreciate their dedicated workmanship.
We all know that we are in tough economical time and start appreciating our fellow human being.
Thanks.
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Reviewed March 11, 2011

To be fair, I'm not a Microtel kind of person, and feel more at home at a Courtyard or Hilton Garden Inn. Sometimes there are few options & I have stayed at 2 other Microtels, both which were nicer, but still Microtels. I travel a lot, so I have an extensive frame of reference. I say this because you always have to consider the source when reading reviews. First, Thomasville is sorely lacking for nice hotels, and this may be about the best you can find. Hint: Only a few miles up I-85 (8 mi. north) is Archdale, which has much better options, but still not great, This Microtel is very cheaply built & many things are poorly fit - doors don't shut right, elec outlets crooked, etc. The hotel is reasonably clean, but depressingly stark & cheap. There is a microfridge in each room, but no coffee maker - go figure. This is a minimalistic hotel with few amenities - just the basics. Beds claim to be pillow top premium, but seem more like your basic budget hotel style. I would rate them fair. Breakfast is a VERY basic continental of the muffins, begals, cerial type. Overall, basic budget accomodations - clean enough & low cost. OK for a night if you aren't particular. And if you are particular, tough luck, this is Thomasville. The one bright spot is the very accomodating fellow at the front desk, Rick.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed February 17, 2011

The cleanest hotel in Thomasville. The owners are very friendly and make you feel like a part of their family. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Douglasville
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This hotel was perfect for value and a sleep over on our long drive. Do not expect a substantial breakfast, just a wake up snack and coffee. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, plus it had a refrigerator and microwave. TV had plenty of channels. Great price, safe location. I'd stop there again if doing the same drive!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomasville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Thomasville
Hampton Inn High Point
Hampton Inn High Point
#1 of 6 in Archdale

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi? Share your experiences!