“Excellent mexican food”

La Fiesta
Ranked #17 of 34 Restaurants in Tarboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stopped here twice on the way to and from Nags Head. Excellent chips and salsa and wide variety of very good mexican food. Reasonably priced. Fajitas were excellent - large portions. Chicken burrito w/ the chorizo was very, very good. Also tried the chili verde which I liked, very much. excellent service and ideal stopping place off 64. cheap.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Craving Mexican? I think this is the best in a 15+ mile radius, maybe more. Service is quick, good tasty food, ample portions, fun waitstaff, and chilly $2.99 Margaritas. The Shrimp Diablo lives up to it's name; when feeling less adventurous I'll go for the Shrimp al Mojo de Ajo. Bringing Ranch dressing along with the chips and salsa is a nice touch as well. Fun furniture, too- colorfully folk art.
Be advised that folks around here eat early, so if you go at 8 or later you will not see a crowd. We have eaten there regularly and never a miss.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Good basic Mexican and great $2.99 margaritas! Food is always good, service is fast and friendly, drinks are cold, prices are reasonable--you cannot go wrong with La Fiesta.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was looking for a place to eat at some place other than a fast food restaurant and came across the La Fiesta Mexican Restaurant in Tarboro. The restaurant is located in a shopping mall right off the highway leading to the Outer Banks. There was a good crowd for a Friday night and looked to be a mixture of locals and those just passing through. I was immediately shown to a table and the waiter came by for my drink order.

The menu was refreshingly large and offered a variety of selections that would meet anyone's needs. There are the usual items you typically find at a Mexican restaurant, but what sets this apart from many were the unique items you normally find in the US and especially North Carolina. They bring out chips with salsa and another dip that I couldn't tell exactly what it was. However it, as was the salsa, was very good. Be careful not to fill up on the chips as it would be easy to do.

The main course was very good and ended up to be too much for me to eat. The service was also very good and had no issues at all during my meal. If you are in the area and looking for a good place for lunch or dinner, La Fiesta would be a very good choice. The décor is a little over the top, but it's something you often find at a strip-mall Mexican restaurant. Each booth had the name of the restaurant on it, which I guess was to remind you of where you were.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I travel a lot for business and go out of my way to stay away from the large, national food franchises when possible. While in Tarboro I ate at La Fiesta because it was close and I was craving something a little different. I believe this is a chain because I remember seeing the La Fiesta tables in FL at some point, but that did not take away from the quality of food. The menu is fairly extensive with standard "TexMex" combo meals as well as some more traditional offerings. I ordered the burritos de chorizo covered in a white cheese sauce. The food was hot, flavorful, and quickly delivered! I also ordered a grande margarita, but as with so many restaurants it had far too much ice and not enough liquid. A good alternative if you don't want fast food in Tarboro.

1  Thank FLTopCat