“POOR”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tarboro
BROOKLYN, United States
“POOR”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am dissatisfied with my overall experience within this hotel. The accommodations that I was promised were not fulfilled. I was told by a representative over the phone that I would have a great view of the falls,but to my surprise I had a view of a truck and bushes. We were 7 miles away from the falls. There was no microwave in the room. The swimming pool was clean and so were the hallways.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cape Canaveral, FL
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were greeted at check in by a very friendly young woman, Raksha, who went that extra mile to make us feel quite welcome. The next day, the manager, Shakar, was also very helpful, and as to be expected, very proud that we mentioned the kindness of his daughter

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Made our reservation on line and the desk clerk found it as soon as we gave our name. He was very courteous, asked our preference as to floor and once we had checked the room, he made a point to ask if everything was ok. The room was very clean and comfortable. My hiusband really enjoyed the breakfast next morning--he said it was the best of our trip. The location was convenient and quiet. Would go back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Burke, VA
Reviewed July 15, 2013

First, the GOOD. The outside area and the lobby were clean and presentable. The desk clerks were friendly. The room (suite) was excellent. It was roomy. It was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean. There is nothing bad I can say about the room. The BAD... The hallways were not clean. There were bits of paper or something on them when we checked in and were still there when we checked out the next day. The breakfast area was not very clean as it had the same bits all over the carpet. At least someone finally made an attempt to clean up the tile area in front of the food. However, there was a muffin on the floor that was missed. There were a couple of loose tiles in the elevator. This could have been a safety hazard if a tile had popped up and someone tripped. The UGLY...There was plaster hanging down from the ceiling on the 2nd floor. The breakfast was basically the standard fare. However, the scrambled eggs were cold. The sausage was greasy. The biscuits' were cold. Had there been a microwave, this would not have been so bad. And last but not least, at 5:00 pm they were still cleaning rooms. This did not effect our room but I am sure someone's room was not ready when they went to check in. The thing is, the motel is only 2 story and not a lot of rooms. Would I stay here again? Probably. But only in the suite.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi rooms are excellent. Spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank neal4212
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great place to stay for a couple of days or just over night. Great rates. Onduty staff are awesome. They make sure your stay is a great one. Even if you a little late for the breakfast, they make sure you get something to eat. It is close to alot of the local resturants and the local golf course. Great place to just stop in and vist the downtown area.

Room Tip: Front side is a little quieter than the back due to the highway, but It's reallt not an issue.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Wildwood, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I arrived Saturday, June 22nd, and all seemed well with our room; however, my wife soon saw a spider crawling up the baseboard, and later crawling out of her pillow case as she had started fluffing her pillow. In between the first and second spider, we noticed the room doors up and down the hallway were very loud upon guests closing. Further annoying were the loud voices emanating from the hallways, as a large party was ongoing in the meeting room. We then asked the manager to move to a second floor room and he was very accommodating. The room was quieter but the A/C fan was stuck and would not cut off. This made it difficult to fall asleep and was very annoying.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, choose a 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Clinton, Maryland
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked my reservation online for a two-night stay and arrived for check-in on Friday, June 21. After several minutes of complete silence from the front desk clerk, she informs me that she doesn't see my reservation in the system. I give her a copy of my email confirmation and she continues to poke around on the computer. Finally she tells me that she found my reservation, but it's shown as being cancelled. I explain that I did not cancel the reservation and asked how this could have happened. She blamed it on the hotel's central booking system and says I should have called first. I proceed to inform the clerk that I book hotels frequently online and I NEVER call the hotel prior to my arrival. Once I've book my reservation and receive my confirmation, I arrive at the property expecting to receive the room I've booked. She apologizes profusely for the error and says they are happy that I have arrived for my stay.

Everything seemed decent upon arrival in the room with the exception of the AC unit which was stuck on "High" and could not be adjusted or turned off. We had to let it run for a while to cool off the room then unplug the cord from the wall since the knobs were broken.

After being out all day with family on Saturday, we return to the room to find that no one has cleaned the room. One of the beds appeared to be sloppily made and the towels we used were not removed and replaced with clean ones. The trash had not been emptied, the floor was not vacuumed, the bathroom had not been cleaned, etc. I went to the front desk to report this and the same clerk offered apologies for the room not being clean. I told her that I needed fresh towels and she disappeared in a back room for about five minutes and handed me slightly damp towels that just came out of a dryer, which looked unclean. At that point I was done and decided to go to the nearby Walmart to purchase towels.

If you ever visit the town of Tarboro, NC please skip this hotel unless you're just used to subpar hotel rooms and service. With the confusion as to whether my reservation was lost in the system or mistakenly cancelled and the room not being cleaned, it's not worth the trouble.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarboro
Quality Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount
Econo Lodge North
Econo Lodge North
#14 of 28 in Rocky Mount

Been to Best Western Tarboro Hotel? Share your experiences!