“Awful Experience”
Review of On the Square

On the Square
Reserve with OpenTable
On the Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Tarboro
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The service was poor. It takes a little more than servers buzzing around to get good service. They also need to know what they are doing. The beer was warm & flat. The food was lukewarm and their beef is corn fed. Which so-called top-quality restaurant serves corn fed beef? Avoid this place like the plague. It may get good reviews but that mostly because the choices close by are so poor. While it is better than most other local restaurants in the area its still nowhere near as good as it claims to be.

13  Thank Jill I
There are newer reviews for On the Square

Reviewed January 20, 2011

For many years I was in a business that allowed me to travel all over the world. Those of you who travel on business know that it isn't as glamorous as it outwardly appears. The one thing you knew you could always look forward to was a nice meal. I've eaten in some widely restaurants all over the world. On The Sqaure is at the top of the list. Some had better ambience, some better food, and some better service. I don't think I ever found a place that had a better balance than OTS. Just a hint - it's smart to split a salad and a desert. Both are generous.

1  Thank bhogg49
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We visited in a party of 12 for e birthday. The noise level in the back room was a real problem for the hearing impaired. The food and wine selections were excellent and a very good value. The salads were terrific and the stuffed flounder was excellent. The creole was nicely prepared and the steaks were a hit with everyone in the party that ordered them. We will try it again on a week night in a smaller party.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

My wife and I found this place about 4 years ago and after reading the review from carrboro I just had to write. We live in Roanoke Rapids, a 40 minute drive from Tarboro and we drive here because the food is FANTASTIC! I have never gotten a bad meal from this place. The service, food and staff are first class. If you are used to fast food, and bowling alley food this is not for you. If you want a gastronomic experience that is out of this world come here! Clean, wonderful atmosphere and superb food.

Reviewed May 26, 2010

We have had many wonderful and varied dining experiences here---from casual meals at the bar in jeans to 5-course dress-up affairs in tuxedos and fancy dresses. The dinner menu changes each week so we never get bored and we have learned a lot about wine from the expertise of the staff. Last week we attended a wine tasting dinner on an off-night that featured a wine-maker from Sonoma. It's a great place to meet and greet, sip and eat!

1  Thank sip_eat