“"Dinner and a Movie" - literally!”

Mad Batter Food & Film
Ranked #9 of 72 Restaurants in Sylva
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We wandered into Mad Batter, looking for a restaurant with some healthy/vegan choices. It was 11:30 AM on a Saturday, and no other customers were there. We were a bit concerned that MB might not be a good place to eat. Thankfully, more customers arrived after us, and it was a very good place to eat, indeed.

Husband had a tri-tip steak salad, which he said was fresh and excellent. I'm always in search for a good vegan burger, and MB definitely has that covered. I ordered a black bean burger but asked for changes on the condiments; the waitress was friendly, helpful in that regard, and the kitchen came through with my request. Very tasty and obviously house made salsa is served with fresh chips. Many entrees at lunchtime were under $10. What's not to like?

Desserts looked very good, although we did not order any. This restaurant-combined-with-a-movie-theater was a very interesting idea. No film was showing at the time of our visit, but I bet that a lot of the local college kids enjoy coming to MB. It would make for a great date night.

1  Thank mimsydee

Reviewed July 26, 2014

The food was great, the service, not so much but they did compensate a little for it on the bill. I'm thinking it was an off night and would definitely go back again. Cool if you make it there in time to catch the movie. You can't beat their pizza specials and wow, the pizza is good!

1  Thank southernruby
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We ate here while on vacation and really enjoyed the meal. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. There was a good wine and beer selection with locally brewed beers available. All of the people we dealt with were helpful and friendly. This place is good for people of any age as our 6 year old enjoyed his food and the coloring items provided for him. We were not there on a movie night, but it seemed like it would be a cool concept.

2  Thank Brian Lee P
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We special ordered a none menu items to celebrate our Companies anniversary. The cookie are amazing and the baker was not only professional but a great person to get to know. Annebell you made us the best cookie I have had a very long time. I will recemmend Mad Batter to everyone.

1  Thank erajuliet
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I thought the concept of this restaurant was so clever and perfect for the kids. They have a matinee every Saturday at 2 featuring a kids movie. Wish we had something like this back home. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was the waitress was not educated on local beer selection and was confused. She had wrong information and brought the wrong beverages and did not bother to fix it. Other than that, it was great!!

2  Thank Keysguru