“Best Ice Cream Ever”

Jack the Dipper Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Sylva
Good for: Families with children
Description: Plenty of room inside and out for parties and fun with friends. Old fashioned ice cream parlor with NO TVs, just conversation and ice cream over a puzzle or a game of checkers. Family friendly and fun!
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, lovely building, and fantastic flavor variety. Not only are the waffle cones amazing, but they serve my favorite birthday cake flavored ice cream I've found anywhere. A must visit for sweet treats!

DMS1157, Owner at Jack the Dipper Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

Thanks for taking time to tell us about your experience! I love the BD cake as well. Check our the red velvet flavor next time. One of my favorites. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Loved this little parlor! The girls behind the counter were very sweet and helpful. The waffle cones are made while you wait and they were divine! Have vanilla and cinnamon. I love coconut ice cream and was delighted to see it on the menu! Loved jack's name spelled out in ice cream scoops of different designs and colors! Great ice cream!

DMS1157, Owner at Jack the Dipper Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Glad you stopped by and happy you enjoyed your visit!
Thanks for the kind words about the staff. We work very hard to achieve perfection.
It took us 6 months to collect the dippers for the sign. Nice that you noticed. If you happen to see a couple of them around, please send 'em in and we'll add them to the new Waynesville store sign. (Plus a free waffle cone or 2 for you). Thank again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

It was a little pricey but the girls and I love the rainbow ice cream so its worth it to us. Outside sitting area could be nicer but at last they have that option.

DMS1157, Owner at Jack the Dipper Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

We are very appreciative of the fact you took your time to give us your thoughts. Happy you enjoyed your visit. We are planning to spruce up the patio soon. Feel free to drop us a line on what you think would make the whole visit better, including the patio. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a fun place to be. Staff are helpful and seem to like their jobs! The selection of ice cream flavors and the fresh made cones are delicious! I wish I lived closer so I could visit more often.
We visited at 9:45pm on a Tuesday and it was full of customers.

Mmm hmmm

DMS1157, Owner at Jack the Dipper Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

We are very pleased you were happy when you visited. We love our staff, too! I will let them know about your positive comments. Hope to see you soon. Please tell all your friends to visit when in the area.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I've never had a fresh waffle cone before! I thought the brownie batter was good, until I tasted the chocolate peanut butter cup in the warm cone. I'm so glad we decided to visit. Super friendly staff. Lots of seating. It was nice to cool off after a trip down the river!

1  Thank Amy B
DMS1157, Owner at Jack the Dipper Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thanks so much for taking your time to share your thoughts. We are happy to know you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again soon!