“Love Sitting By The Water”

Sazon Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #13 of 72 Restaurants in Sylva
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This Mexican restaurant is always a favorite of mine whenever folks in my office want to head out for lunch. They have a wide variety of menu choices including a separate vegetarian menu. I really like sitting outside by the river on a nice spring day.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is Mexican comfort food at its best, just like a mom would make - that is if your mom happens to be Mexican and a chef! What a nice break from the usual Tex-Mex, pick-your-number-combo offered around here. Everything is scratch made, fresh and a welcome shock to anyone who wants great food but used to the above mentioned, pick your number dinner smothered in red sauce and cheese. Alex and his crew are very accommodating and is pretty open to tweaking orders. He does great things with his chicken and beef dishes but need to try his carnitas or pork chimis and burritos. Usually salads are not much to drool over (at least most guys I know don't) but highly recommended is the Tres Marias.
Considering the variety, uniqueness and quality, It would be a dream to come true to come home to dinner every night with the variety and unique offerings at Sazon. I thought maybe my dream would come true - I asked Alex to marry me but my wife said she would "patear el culo" if I did!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Sazon is, by far, the best lunch spot in the area. The food is delicious, the ingredients are always fresh. The vegetarian menu is extensive and well thought-out (not just vegetables in a tortilla). It is easily my family's favorite place to eat. HOWEVER, you MUST call before you go to make sure they're open! We have driven the 30 minutes from our home in Cherokee more than once to see that they're closed. It was always within their posted operating hours, too. Like today, we arrived at 1:30pm for lunch to find they were closed. It is so frustrating! Really makes us not want to continue eating there, but we will, because the food is just that good.

They really need to change their operating hours if they're not planning to stick to them. Very unprofessional.

1  Thank Allison L
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Everything our party of four ordered was tasty, but smaller portions and higher prices than typical Mexican, too...my fajitas were not at all what I expected, nor would I recommend or order again: basically a well-seasoned scoop of meat with two shells and a few scant toppings...more like an appetizer than a meal. Server didn't offer much input in ordering, either. Beautiful deck out back, "dining area" is about as warm as eating at a take-out Chinese counter, bright, close, plain...

Reviewed October 30, 2012

You will be overjoyed by the delicious dishes that come out of Alex's kitchen.
We finally found a true mexican restaurant that serves up entree's so carefully cooked, right
flavors, texture and appealing to the eye. We have been going back to Sazon now since the
summer and enjoy a different entree each time we return. Order his Pablano Platter, now that
is one heck of a dish. You actually get a stuffed pepper. And, don't leave with out having one
of his scrumptious desserts. Homemade daily and to die for.