“wonderful wonderful!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sylva
Moonshine Creek Campground
Reviewed April 28, 2014

What a beautiful place! As you pull up you are greeted by a cheerful creek that winds throughout the campground. We stayed in the cottage at the back of the site. . .very private and new. It must 've been built in the last year or two. Well maintained and landscaped, it was truly a joy to stay here. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful, staff and fellow guests alike and it was a great value at just under $100 a night. The cottage was fully stocked with dishes and cookware. The bedding was clean and comfortable. and they even allow small pets! There was a lovely recreation area with a pond and a small fenced in play area for children. My only regret is that we didn't have more time to stay and explore! also the close proximity to the blue ridge parkway made it Ideal! take my advice and don't miss out on this hidden treasure!

Room Tip: the camp sites are a little close together. try to get one at the front or back of the property for...
1  Thank andifromohio79

Reviewed April 23, 2014

After two terrible experiences on my trip in the Asheville area I had pretty much expected the worst out of this place and I was very happy to be wrong. This is a hidden gem that we would visit again.
The stream and pond are so beautiful. We had a creekside site 25 and it had a fire ring right up next to the babbling stream. There were cute bridges and decks all around the campground and some sites.
They have a "waterfall" site which is very nice but is actually a calvert sticking out with water gushing but the site is still pretty just not my definition of a waterfall. We heard there were many more actual waterfalls around the campground just didn't have the time to go explore them this trip.
One problem was the Wifi they only have it up by the front office and only during office hours? We did not realize this and needed to access our work schedules and our phones did not get reception. When I walked up to ask about the wifi the man I spoke with was very busy and he was a little short and condensing with me but again he was very busy and it was right before close so it was not a huge problem just know next time to clear all important stuff before going. The bathrooms are older but clean and manageable. I would recommend this place especially to anyone who loves nature and no frills type place.

Room Tip: Choice a creekside site, there is a train that runs through but with the babbling stream you may nev...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank travelingpenguin78
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Joe and I have been camping at Moonshine Creek for five years now. It is perfect or so I thought.. When we pulled in our first camping weekend we were astounded of the beatification of the campground. Jim was working very hard at laying a rock path to the pond and waterfall area. A tree with a light will be planted in this area. Workers and painters were working to spruce up at the office, bathrooms, and cabins. Jim & Dana are wonderful host who put a lot of thought, money, and labor for the enjoyment of their guest. Thank you Jim & Dana your efforts are appreciated. We are hooked for life!,,

3  Thank Ayden06
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This weekend was our inaugural trip in our new teardrop camper. My wife has never really been big into camping, so I was concerned how she would adapt to not being at a hotel. We arrived to the campground and were met by some of the nicest folks I have ever met. We only did an overnight as a shakedown run, and it went off without a hitch. We arrived on Saturday and left on Sunday. I asked my wife Sunday morning how she liked her first camping trip and her response was priceless, she said; "it was awesome." I think she's hooked…Thanks Moonshine Creek, we'll see ya next month for the Teardroppers gathering...

1  Thank Jeeptrick
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I have camped at Moonshine Creek several times in the last few years and we have never had a bad time. On this visit we where with our camping club Tearjerkers which is a teardrop camper enthusiast club. Our visit was in May 2013 we had roughly 15 teardrops and with a large group like this it can sometimes be difficult dealing with campgrounds but the owners and staff were so accommodating. They gave us use of their meeting place/pavilion for holding our meals and other activities we had planned for the weekend. They had cleaned it up very nice for us also there our tables and chairs a kitchen couple of refrigerators a sink and two gas grills that had propane in them for cooking. As on our other visits the bath house is always clean and has plenty of hot water. This campground is situated in a great location you're very close to the town of Silva, Waynesville and not too far from Bryson city or Asheville. There are some seasonal campsites with I'm assuming retirees but they were very friendly to us as always. The majority of the campsites are somewhat close together but most of our teardrops are rather small so we had plenty of room in our sites plus we are a club and enjoy being together. In some of the other reviews about moonshine Creek it was mentioned that the electricity would go out from time to time, that has never happened to us when we have been there. It was also mentioned in a few reviews about a train nearby yes there is a train it does come by, from what I recall it was only one or two times it's a rather small train with just a couple of cars and is traveling very slowly, it was kind a need to see it but it is up on the hill side and does not run through the campground it is on the perimeter of the campground. Our group enjoyed the trip so much last year that we will once again be holding our Spring fling in May 2014 at Moonshine Creek Campground!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed during mid October in the cabins. We were completely satisfied. The cabins come with fans and heaters. The large ones include a table and chairs inside. The employees are extremely friendly with helpful fishing spot advice and always willing to chat or help. The wifi doesn't reach far from the office/store but there are plenty of rocking chairs and outlet on the porch. I read the reviews before making the reservation and was nervous on the way, but once we settled in I felt so comfortable. Although it is mostly retired rv travelers staying, they walk their dogs in the mornings and are humble, waving and saying "good morning." I loved this campground, it was my first one to visit and I will gladly return!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank mlmillen
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is getting to be an annual trip for us to Moonshine Creek. We had another great trip! The Campground is so peaceful and quiet (except for the sound of the creek) and is located in the mountains surrounded by trees. We brought our camper and we also came with friends that were tent camping. Both sites were great and the grounds were as beautiful and clean as we remember. The tenters bathrooms have been updated, right behind the office they were brand new and the bathhouse was also nice and clean and heated with hot showers. Our friends were in what the owners call the Chapel Tent Site it was huge and overlooked the pond and the creek we really enjoyed sitting by the campfire. You are also close to an entrance to the Parkway and the staff knows the area really well. We were given maps, and directions to some nice waterfalls and hikes. Everyone here is really friendly, we were next to a couple that had problems with their truck and the owner lent them his truck to go into town to get the part! Once again we had a great time and so did our friends, can't wait till next year!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vincent0154
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylva
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
5 mi away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 6 in Sylva

Been to Moonshine Creek Campground? Share your experiences!