“Not for everybody, but for me, perfect”
Review of The Coffee Shop

The Coffee Shop
Ranked #13 of 72 Restaurants in Sylva
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Had great breakfast experience here with my wife. I love Mom and Pop throwback places. When I walked in, I thought I was back in the 1950s. Lots of local (some body damage) pick up trucks and no fancy luxury cars in parking lot. Staff warmly greeted us. We were in hurry and it was crowded so sat at counter. Service was prompt and very friendly. We has eggs, bacon, sausage, grits and homemade biscuits. Food was excellent. Won't win any awards for cute decor or fancy menus and that's fine with me. Wish I lived closer so I could eat here more frequently!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

They had an average breakfast menu. For a coffee shop, I would have expected lattes or cappacinos - but they did not offer. I imagine the locals eat here a lot.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Would usually prefer this sort of "local color" spot but frankly it's take-it or leave-it. Old but clean, but the old seems to shine through. Service is quite good and the folks are attentive but there's something lacking. This is not southern food with any particular flair. I'm not sure if there's a ton of difference (from a short order viewpoint) with the local Huddle House down the street. Suppose the "plate meals" hold some interest for the local population, frankly it was disappointing. Will give them another chance.

1  Thank William S
Reviewed March 2, 2014

If you're looking for diner fare, this is the local place to go! I liked the extensive menu, and some daily specials are up on the chalkboard. Keep in mind, the ambience is lacking, this is what it is --- simple, comfort food at its best! Save room for the pie!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We recently enjoyed several breakfasts at The Coffee Shop and enjoyed all of our meals. Service, though friendly, is very no-nonsense (not a bad thing...) and prices for meals were very reasonable. Lunch and dinner options sounded good, though we were always out and about during the day and evening and didn't get a chance to try them.

1  Thank Doug B