“great food”

Icehouse Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Swansboro
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Description: Historic Downtown Swansboro. Focus is on local seafood, All Natural raised American Beef and Chicken, local and organic produce. Pasta dishes, vegetarian, vegan, nightly chef specials.
swansboro
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Never have had bad service or food. Friendly staff and very attentive. Favorite place to eat in swansboro.

1 Thank SwansboroBri

Louisville, Kentucky
“Not impressed. We will not be back.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This place is way to overpriced for the quality of food they are serving. My wife had the stuffed flounder and I had the grouper. Both were awful. They had no flavor at all. We have 5 kids, so we expected a wait when we arrived. I walked in and put our name on the list. I proceeded to walk to the bar to order a drink for my wife. I am not sure if it was the bar tenders first night behind a bar, but she was in disarray. I was next to order, but had to wait 5 minutes to order 2 drinks. When I finally received them, I stood there with my money out to pay while she tried to figure out the computer. Anyhow, 7 minutes later I got my bill. I walked back over and the hostess, who was very nice, told me that my table was ready. We sat outside which was a very small area, but a nice view. The kids ordered the penne pasta kids meal. It was fine for the kids and they were happy. However, the dinner that my wife and I ordered left a lot to be desired. The waitress was very nice and did a really good job, but we will not be returning.

Visited July 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had crab cakes. Way too much filler and not enough crab meat. We had dinner at 4 different area restaurants. Icehouse finished 4th.

Visited July 2013
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Sadly Disappointed”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We decided to break our annual tradition and eat at Icehouse instead of another restaurant. Food was fabulous, service was the worst I have ever seen. We waited over 45 minutes after we ordered for our food and were told repeatedly our food would be out shortly. Even the manager was completely useless. It's a shame because I would have rated 5 stars for the food. I will never go back...and they could have counted us on an annual basis to spend over $50 each time.

Wading River, New York
“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have been visiting the Crystal Coast of NC for 16 years and this was by far the best meal we have ever had in a restaurant in the area. The ambiance is fairly casual, the view is fantastic, right on the waterfront. The service was quick, and very friendly. We were a large party, we booked an early time (5PM to beat the crowds). But the real story here is the food!

I ordered the surf and turf trio, it included medallions of filet mignon, with a mini-crabcake and scallops and shrimp. It was fantastic. But one of my dinner companions ordered the grouper...and let me tell you...you WANT the grouper! The crust on it was ridiculous, the fish was so flaky, overall it was unbelievable, and I am not usually a big fan of fish!

The cocktails were also very good, a full bar with lots of nice micro-brews for the beer fans.

The desserts were also great, we ordered the apple-pecan cheesecake and the key lime mousse to share and they were both very, very good.

The prices are higher than other restaurants that may "look" the same...but the food here is head and shoulders above the competition. We will be back every time we visit the area...and I'll be ordering the grouper!

1 Thank MomOnTheGoNewYork