“How does this restaurant stay open ?”

White Oak River Bistro
Ranked #29 of 36 Restaurants in Swansboro
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went yesterday for lunch, we should have known better when there was only one couple in the restaurant. My husband ordered a Panini, it came as a pile of something with gravy over a small piece of bread, I had the catch of the day which was the "grouper" supposedly "sauté", it came without explanation why my "grouper" had evolved as a slim filet of flounder poached and mushy, the vegetables were sauté also but raw. Neither my husband or I could eat the food, it was that bad!

2  Thank Tomlt35

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The menu was wonderful! The food was delicious! As. Family of seven, we experienced great service with wonderful ambiance! Looking forward to visiting again!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Took my wife here for her birthday dinner. She ordered the Mediterranean stuffed chicken and was served a raw chicken breast. I had the veal parmagianna. All I can say good about it was that it was done. The portion was tiny. The amount of pasta and vegetables was beyond meager and both were very bland. The food and drinks were all overpriced. They provided a tiny portion of bread. Take my word for it, DON'T EAT HERE.

2  Thank Frankolino1313
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We drove 30 minutes to have a nice Italian meal waterfront.
We were seated in the side room close to the kitchen. It was a sad, dirty room, scuffed walls, broken picture frame, in need of updated decor. The cold shrimp scampi was filled with loads of capers, few shrimp and a watery bland sauce. The food was barely lukewarm at best, the pesto was more brown than green and tasted old and was unedible. The drinks were warm and should have been cold. The salt shaker was dirty and clogged. Everything was unappetizing and overpriced. We will never return.

1  Thank bee093
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I keep giving this place a second chance, a third chance,a fourth chance now I am actually done. The food used to be good and the place was always packed and there was a wait to eat there. We tried three restaurants and the wait time was over an hour or so. So we decided to go to the white oak river bistro since there was no wait time there and there were only three tables that were full in the whole restaurant.. I ordered the special, the peppercorn tuna. I knew there was going to be peppercorns on it but there was so many peppercorns that I couldn't even taste the tuna. My husband ordered the salmon Wellington very bland his vegetables bland and the potatoes were bland. I don't think they even use salt and pepper in the kitchen.

2  Thank Juls1957