“Awesome Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

White Oak River Bistro
Ranked #27 of 33 Restaurants in Swansboro
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, Texas
“Awesome Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Service is always great and the food is out of this world good. If you just need a place a great view you can't miss here either!!

Visited September 2012

Carolina Coast
“Don't waste your time or money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

The only thing this restaurant has going is the view. Went once for lunch and the salads and ingredients were old and should be been tossed out like the garbage it was. The entree' was fair to good. Gave it a second chance for dinner. Food was only fair again. Then I put cash in the check holder, (after counting out 20's with my teen age son teaching him the correct way to tip) We are both 100% confident that we placed 6 20 dollar bills in for a $99.00 tab. The owner came to me as we were leaving and asks me why I did not tip the server and was quite assertive about it. I told him I did tip 20%. He argued with me. I told him to check with the server or cashier as there was indeed a $20 tip included. He said there was not and he asked the server. He came back and again said no and the the server was his daughter and would never lie. He was actually quite ugly about it. Needless to say, we have not been back. The one positive note is that when I send cash up to a register now, I snap a quick pic with my phone of the money before so that I have some documentation. Fortunately, I have not had to produce it.

Visited October 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
“WONDERFUL PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

White Oak River Bistro has great food and wonderful service! I went to eat here for the first time last summer and fell in love with the place. The service is always fast and the servers are wonderful. The owner always comes around to make sure everyone is happy with their food. I always leave with a smile on my face! I don't understand some of the bad reviews, some people are just looking for reason to complain. I would recommend White Oak to anyone who lives in the area or is on vacation!

• Visited August 2012
Emerald Isle, North Carolina, United States
“Great dinner last Saturday night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Over the last fourteen years, my husband and I have had many meals at the White Oak River Bistro... I read some recent comments and I was shocked! I had Salmon Wellington and my husband had a veal dish and the food was great. Gene Heath happens to be the owner of White Oak and is a very nice man! Sometimes people are busy working and that might be misconstrued as being rude. I have found the staff to be pleasant, attentive, charming depending on who are waiting on us... I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst meal I've ever eaten...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We walked into a nearly empty restaurant and as soon as we sat down a chair broke from underneath someone. This was only the beginning of the absolute worst meal my family and I have ever experienced. Even though we were some of the only patrons, it took entirely too long for the waiter to take our order and even longer before we finally received our salads. When the food came out it was not only ice cold but the sauce tasted like it came per-made out of a jar. The scallops were completely raw and the "seared tuna" looked like it came out of a can of Bumble Bee and was completely covered in whole peppercorns. Needless to say we did not stay for dessert. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

1 Thank Kw127533