“E’s thoughts”

Saltwater Grill
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Swansboro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dinner at it's best, Chef David Owens serves only Fresh Local Seafood. With a Dock & Dine feature allowing boats to pull up and dine on our docks. Restaurant is open 7 days a week, serving Lunch & Dinner.
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Great food but comes with a high price tag. Parking will always be an issue in downtown swansboro but this offers good food with outstanding views of intercostal waterway.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

I think you come here to sit on the porch and enjoy the fresh air and gorgeous view! I had a margarita, which was just standard margarita-mix. Should have had a cold beer. My tacos were good, shrimp and grits were good... crab cake was sort of bland, without chunks of crab (more filler, I guess?) Our server was young and very friendly. When we explained the partially eaten crab cake by saying we really didn't like it, she said, "Oh I can understand; I'm a picky eater too." lol... it wasn't good.

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Get the She Crab Soup. You won't be disappointed and even though there is plenty, you'll want more. We also had blackened mahi and shrimp and grits. Mahi was moist and delicious with a nice kick. Shrimp and Grits a large portion with many succulent shrimp and flavorful sausage. The servers and hostess were very nice telling stories, providing recommendations, and bringing out the food and drinks with southern charm and smiles. Sat out on the deck for a great view and a great meal. Hope to return some day.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We ate lunch here today after our wonderful boat tour on the Lady Swan. The staff is friendly, were were served quickly, the sea food we had was superb and well presented. A fine selection of beers and wines are available as well as a full bar. The price is fantastic for lunch and the servings are ample. The waterfront view is stunning. A special plus for boaters (which we are) are the very fine town docks right in front of the Saltwater Grill. The docks are located just off the intra coastal waterway. The dockage is free, except if you stay overnight. Pump out and electric hook ups are a available at reasonable cost. We have eaten at the Saltwater Grill many times and love it each time we come. Try one of the local craft beers available when you are there. I am already looking forward to our next visit - hopefully we will come by boat!

Reviewed April 26, 2018

The Saltwater Grill is a casual, not loud, restaurant with a fabulous view of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway. This was our second visit to this restaurant over the past three years. Our waitress (Marissa) was wonderful, she was at our table often to check on us, and has a very delightful attitude and communicates well. She brought cocktails from the bar with very little wait, our food came to the table in a very reasonable amount of time. I had the shrimp & sausage pasta, it was a little spicey just as Marissa told me, and it was fabulous, and huge. My GF had the fish & chips, that was very very good also. This is one of those restaurants we will always come back to whenever we are back in this area. I told our waitress that her great service and the excellent food make up for all the bad experiences we have had at other restaurants. I cannot say one bad thing about our experiences at The Saltwater Grill in Swansboro.