“Great water view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Swansboro
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Waterfront dinner at it's best, Chef David Owens serves only Fresh Local Seafood. With a Dock & Dine feature allowing boats to pull up and dine on our docks. Restaurant is open 7 days a week, serving Lunch & Dinner.
North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great water view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

The food was good but the view of the water was the best! We had lunch on the enclosed porch on a cold day in January. Doesn't get much better.

Swansboro, North Carolina
“Delightful all the way around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I was kind of skeptical about Saltwater Grill after my first meal there was rather mediocre when they first opened and we only returned last night because the line at the IceHouse was too long. Boy did we luck out! I have to say they have really stepped up their game and hit it out of the ballpark last evening. From the hostess to the waitress, the staff was extremely charming and accommodating even bringing out extra bread pieces when we chowed through it and still had dip remaining. I ordered the lamb and scallops meal which was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. The risotto which accompanied it was the best I've had in ten years! My fiancé got the shrimp and grits saltwater style which he thoroughly enjoyed and the two of us wiped our plates clean. Paired with a glass of wine I have to say it was the most enjoyable meal I've had in a long time and made it a perfect evening!

Emerald Isle, North Carolina, United States
“A wonderful meal--don't hesitate to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were out to celebrate my husband's 75th birthday and we ventured out to try Saltwater Grill.
We were greeted warmly and seated quickly. The restaurant had linens on the table and a red rose decorating each table also. We ordered the Asian salad and it was perfect. My husband wanted scallops and grits instead of shrimp and grits which they allow for only a few dollars more. He said it was delicious. I ordered the tuna ponzu and it was great. Our server, Mallory, was attentive and we were treated royally... We had a flourless chocolate torte and peanut butter pie for dessert and both were excellent. We would highly recommend this restaurant!

Danville
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We tried this restaurant for the first time. From the greeting to walking out the door, everything was great. Our server was a jewel. The food was exceptional. I had the She Crab soup and it was the best I have ever had. The view was beautiful. This is a must if you are ever in Swansboro.

Visited December 2013
Morehead City, North Carolina
“Great food - Awful service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

This is an attractive restaurant with a beautiful view. The food was very good, but the waitress was very talkative. She was more interested in talking to us than waiting on us. I requested ice tea 4 times, never got any, so went to the servers station and waited on myself. She would stop at adjoining tables and carry on long conversations not pertaining to table service. Our meal (sandwiches) took one hour fifty minutes. If they could improve their service would rate them 4-star.

2 Thank Bowie M