“Great hotel! Will be back!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Swansboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Everyone was super nice! Our room was spotless. The bed and linens were amazing. I didn't want to get out of bed. The breakfast was very good. My husband, daughter and I stayed here for 4 nights. The pool was also kept very clean. My daughter loved the nightly cookies. We will come back to this Hampton Inn again. We had a perfect stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Every amenity you could want plus super clean rooms and the friendliest staff! My husband loved the exercise room and I loved that they had guest laundry facilities.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Hampton Inn in Swansboro, NC. We enjoyed our stay beyond measure. The hotel is still new and very well kept. One of the employees told us that they “try to take pride in their hotel” - and it definitely shows! All staff are friendly and accommodating. The morning breakfast is ample and of good quality. They have a different “egg” item (prepackaged egg) and meat item each day. There is a make your own waffle station as well as cereals, oatmeal, fruit, muffins, danishes, breads, various teas, coffees, creamers, juices, and hot chocolate. After breakfast, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and apples remain available all day long just across from the front desk and cookies are served daily at 5pm. There is also a pantry of sorts where snacks, personal items, and laundry supplies can be purchased reasonably. We had a king room (not a king suite). The room was very comfortable and large enough to hold the king bed, two nightstands, a bench seat at the bottom of the bed, a dresser (with flat screen TV on top), an arm chair, a desk, a deskchair, and a stand containing a refrigerator and a microwave without compromising our ability to walk around freely. The closet had an iron and ironing board. In the large three-piece bathroom, we did not miss not having a tub. The vanity had a large countertop holding a coffeemaker and a storage shelf beneath it (holding a hair dryer). The storage shelf was perfect for keeping our items organized.

There are laundry facilities on two of the floors so I liked being able to wash my beach towels. Each laundry room that I visited had one washer and one dryer. The commercial washing machine costs $1.50 and the commercial dryer costs $1.00, with change being available at the front desk if you don’t have coins. I also utilized the exercise room. Good sized, with two televisions, two treadmills, an exercise bicycle, a free climber, weights, mats, cold water, towels, and exercise balls of various weights and sizes. I did not see any antibacterial wipes so that would be something they could add. Nice outdoor pool. I didn’t get in, but did some studying at the comfortable tables surrounding it.

This location was just right for us to take the ferry to Bear Island and to drive onto Emerald Island. We also had no shortage of good restaurants to frequent for lunch and dinner. A Walgreens, a gas station, and a supermarket are at the same intersection as the hotel. Last note – our visit was during a particularly hot week and the hotel air conditioning system had no trouble compensating for it. We will recommend this location to others and hope to return ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank FactualReviewer
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here the night prior to our Sunday to Sunday rental on Emerald Isle. The hotel is only a year old and a great addition to this area. Great hotel, staff, breakfast and of course location close to Emerald Isle. We arrived early at 3pm and they had our rooms ready despite a prior busy Friday night. Nice touch with apples and cookies in lobby at times. We met the GM on arrival and she was working both Saturday and Sunday helping her team. Rooms were very nice, and we had one with Frig. and micro, not sure if all have, but being a "Hampton Inn & Suites", possible. Breakfast the next morning was great too. Really good stay, thanks,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tripin1
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This review is in response to the other person who reviewed this hotel and found breadcrumbs in his bed - hats off to you if this happened to me it is unlikely I would have still given 4 stars.

Anyway I really think that you totally missed the point and the unmade bed should be blamed on the person who slept in the bed before because it seems that Hampton Inn now works on "HONOR SYSTEM".
You see when you arrive on the head board there is a yellow notice "Duvet Covers & Sheets are clean on you arrival". So the person who slept in the bed before either never responded to the notice or just took it and threw it away to see if anyone would notice and apparently no one did.
Jokes aside - this is a fairly new hotel, so everything is pretty new. My room was quite and the bed was clean and comfy. What drove me nuts was the small refrigerator which came on and off every 2 minutes so I had to unplug it for the night. I also found a large pin on the carpet but I always wear house shoes in hotels so no harm done. Front desk folks were nice and helpful too.
If there was 1 thing I could change about Hampton Inn's then it would be their breakfast item "egg omelet cultured from Walmart plastic bags....". But I guess that is served on purpose because no one can possibly eat those so they can serve them the next day again. If I was Hampton though I would buy artificial omelets - that way you can reuse them forever....
Other than that I really like the Hampton Hotel Chain in general and especially if they are new

Room Tip: unplug the refrigirator over night otherwise it will come on every minute or so
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fair_reviewer_NC
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is without a doubt the best Hampton that I've ever stayed at, and I've seen a lot of them! The staff was warm, friendly, and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable, and the wi fi worked well. Breakfast was delicious and breakfast to go bags were also great. I was on a business trip and got directions to Emerald Isle (about 10 minutes away) to enjoy the beach during my free time. The cookies were amazing. I can't wait to book this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cathy R
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was very pleased with our stay. Clean rooms cumfy bed plenty of good coffee and great breakfast, nice pool and friendly staff.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swansboro
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate

Address: 215 Old Hammock Rd, Swansboro, NC 28584-9585
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Coast > Swansboro
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Swansboro
Price Range: $103 - $178 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate 2.5*
The Hampton Inn & Suites® Swansboro hotel is nestled in a historic North Carolina town on the banks of the White Oak River, which joins the intracoastal waterway and flows past the pristine beaches of Bear Island. Boasting quaint downtown charm, a small harbor and the lovely Hammocks Beach State Park (one of the most visited attractions in the state), you'll truly be in the middle of it all during your stay at our Swansboro, NC hotel. You can spend your days fishing, boating, camping and kayaking or just basking in the sun on the sandy beach. You'll also find plenty of golf, shopping, culture and amusement parks near our hotel in Swansboro. Travelers come from all over to enjoy the many exciting events, including the Arts by the Sea Festival, the Mullet Festival, Candlelight Shopping, the Christmas Flotilla, annual Oyster Roast, Blue Water Fishing Tournament, King Mackerel Tournament and the Speckled Trout Tournament… just to name a few! We're also a short drive to Jacksonville, where many of our finest Marines serve at Camp Lejeune.Visit the Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro hotel and experience "The Friendly City By The Sea". ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro Hotel Swansboro