Hampton Inns always provide an acceptable level of service for the price. I think the $129/night for this one though was a bit high in the shoulder season of the Crystal Coast. We got the 2 Q room and the King room was only $5 more at $134. I chose the 2Q room in order to use mostly HH Points to pay for it. The HH Point difference between the King and 2Q was crazy - over 100,000 points.
This property is relatively new - less than 1 year - so is very clean and maintained well. Staff were friendly and attentive. The room is everything you expect from a HI and was well cleaned and maintained. The grounds were also well maintained.
The only negative about the room as a 'clunking' sound we heard above us during the night. It was most noticeable during the night b/c it was quieter in the room otherwise we would have probably heard it all the time. Since we were on the 4th floor of a 4 story HI, it wasn't people above us. I told the front desk about it so maybe it will be investigated and fixed, if possible. Housekeeping staff were also friendly and always spoke when you walked by. You could tell that the entire staff had been trained to greet and and make people feel welcome.
What can I say about the HI breakfast that anyone who stays at HIs doesn't already know? It is adequate, filling and mostly nutritious if you choose the right things. The cheese omelettes should be avoided if you know what a real omelette tastes like. The waffles are never disappointing and of course there is always the fresh fruit - bananas and apples. The canned mixed fruit tastes, well, canned and like it has all been together for far too long. The most disappointing part of any HI breakfast is the juices. The OJ is undrinkable imho. Very weak and acidic tasting.
All in all, this HI is adequate and we had a nice stay close to Hammocks Beach State Park, one of our favorite destinations on the Crystal Coast. The shoulder season cost though is excessive. A property like this should go for between $89 - $109 per night. Enjoyable and predictable. Will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites® Swansboro hotel is nestled in a historic North Carolina town on the banks of the White Oak River, which joins the intracoastal waterway and flows past the pristine beaches of Bear Island. Boasting quaint downtown charm, a small harbor and the lovely Hammocks Beach State Park (one of the most visited attractions in the state), you'll truly be in the middle of it all during your stay at our Swansboro, NC hotel. You can spend your days fishing, boating, camping and kayaking or just basking in the sun on the sandy beach. You'll also find plenty of golf, shopping, culture and amusement parks near our hotel in Swansboro. Travelers come from all over to enjoy the many exciting events, including the Arts by the Sea Festival, the Mullet Festival, Candlelight Shopping, the Christmas Flotilla, annual Oyster Roast, Blue Water Fishing Tournament, King Mackerel Tournament and the Speckled Trout Tournament… just to name a few! We're also a short drive to Jacksonville, where many of our finest Marines serve at Camp Lejeune.Visit the Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro hotel and experience "The Friendly City By The Sea". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro Hotel Swansboro
- Hampton Inn And Suites Swansboro