“Swansboro Best Kept Secret”

Riverside Steak and Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Swansboro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My family and I was in the Jacksonville area on business and was in the mood for some great local fresh seafood. We read the awesome reviews for Riverside and decided to pay them a visit. The drive was about 15-20 minutes from Jacksonville. The atmosphere is very intimate, inviting and family friendly at the same time. The service was great and the wait staff was very familiar with the menu and daily specials. Most of the dishes could feed two easily. The salad comes with the BEST sweet potato muffin(I advise ordering more). The fish I had was meaty and the size of a large chicken breast which I split with my husband. The fried oyster and shrimp combo was amazing as well. All-in-All, a great dining experience!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

An excellent selection of beers and wines. I had the fired shrimp, which was excellent and the shrimp were huge. Service was great and the hostess and servers were personable.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Nothing like being told lots of crab shells in your crab stuffed mushroom are normal...
Taste was good, but numerous crab shells made it too difficult to eat.
Grouper was good. Pork chop so tough it was difficult to cut even with the sharp knife.
Again, when expressed difficulty with the pork chop no action taken. A number of other service issues- Service not so good. We could have pushed the issue and insisted on speaking to the manager, etc... but didn't want to go there while on vacation. Just won't go back. Fairly high prices for the area. Would rather travel to Aqua (Beauford) or Bistro by the Sea (Morehead).

1  Thank Foodie499653
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We just pulled into town and checked into our hotel at dinner time, we stopped here because it was close and there were a few cars in the lot. Come to fine out we were lucky to get here when we did as we didn't have a reservation but were able to seat us. We started w/crab dip, "Delicious", I had the Spinach salad w/hot bacon dressing and my husband had he Grouper fingers are meal was one of the best in our travels and we will definitely return before we leave next Friday. I will say as it started to full up it got noisy and hard to follow conversation. The owner came over and checked on us and he was very friendly. The staff was also very friendly and courteous, the food was hot and prompt.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My wife and I started with the blackfin crab appetizer....excellent and perfect size for two people. Salads were next....romaine with fresh veggies, croutons and an "out of bounds" muffin (that means really good)....dressings were homemade and excellent. My wife had the Salmon Oscar...sautee was perfect...salmon was moist, not overcooked. I had the Jambalaya special...oysters, shrimp, crabmeat, andouille sausage in a great sauce...as good as some of the best cioppino I've had in California. I've been coming to Emerald Isle for over 50 years. This was hands down the very best meal we have had here and it was among one of the best meals we have enjoyed anywhere. Portions were generous and the service was friendly and excellent. Best to arrive early to ensure the fresh seafood you want will still be available.

1  Thank Jim R