“Meh” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nicky's of Swansboro - CLOSED

Nicky's of Swansboro
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are a family owned restaurant that specializes in homemade cooking and fresh seafood.We are now located in Historic Downtown SwansboroOpen 7 Days a week with a late night kitchen!
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went there our last night of vacation, hoping for some good food. I ordered the chicken parm and my husband ordered seafood. The food was extremely bland for the price. I was so disappointed. I had a few bites of the chicken and couldn't take it anymore. I boxed it up and my garbage disposer husband ate it a few hours later. His seafood was also very bland. The only fun we had was we happened to go on their very first night of Trivia at the bar. We at least made the most of a night filled with bland food at high prices by coming in last place for trivia, hahaha. More heads are better than two. I also couldn't figure out if they were trying to be a classy restaurant, a bar, or a mix of both. The carpet was so dirty it was black and you could tell it used to be nice green/gold. The waitress was very nice however, but she told us she was leaving soon. Too bad.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Katie T

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Don't bother. Really, Don't Bother.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I do not understand the glowing reviews of this restaurant. I have lived in this area for over 10 years. I now live here part time. I have really wanted to like Nikky's over the years. However, each and every time we have eaten here, or *tried* to eat here, we have had miserable experiences.

Most recently, we stood at the hostess' desk for 15 minutes, while multiple staff waltzed right by, not even acknowledging us. We left. In the past, we have left after being seated because we sat for 20 minutes before someone took a drink order. Once or twice we actually did eat here, but the experience was unmemorable. I just remember the rude waitresses.

The only reason we go back periodically is because we think we have to be missing something. Maybe the kitchen was overtaxed? Short staffed? A new manager? A new location? Yet consistently, we have had less than stellar experiences and swear that we are never going back. Honestly, it's ridiculous. I don't understand how this restaurant stays in business.

There are plenty of other restaurants, in this area, that appreciate your patronage. Unfortunately, this isn't one of them.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank jetprincess01
Cary, North Carolina
“Simple and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place is one of the first ones you see when arriving to Swansboro.
From the outside it does not look too apealing especially because it is not located right at the water.
But once you go inside you will feel that this is a typical family restaurant.
The food is well prepared from scratch (try their home baked bread just to start).
The service was very good and attentive to our needs.
All the seafood we tried was apparently very fresh.
The only comment I have was that some of our food was bland, requiring a little more seasoning to become just great.

• Visited May 2013
Cedar Point, North Carolina
“Since they moved, I have a completely different feeling.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I used to love this place. It was my go to place for dinner with my family. Since they moved to the new location, I am no longer a regular customer. The last time I was there, the manager came out and yelled at one of the hostesses in front of everyone who was waiting for a table. I felt terrible for the hostess, who had done nothing wrong, and it made my family feel uncomfortable. Also the food is not as good. The atmosphere is off. It's just not a place I would frequent regularly anymore.

• Visited June 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Vacation Reviewer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went expecting great seafood, but the calamari had no seasoning and the scallops were over cooked. We mentioned the calamari to the Manager when we came by to check on us and were basically informed that we were wrong and then he proceeded to mock us to other patrons. This is probably one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had. There were a slew of other things that went wrong but by that time we just wanted to leave as soon as possible.

• Visited May 2013