“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nicky's of Swansboro - CLOSED

Nicky's of Swansboro
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are a family owned restaurant that specializes in homemade cooking and fresh seafood.We are now located in Historic Downtown SwansboroOpen 7 Days a week with a late night kitchen!
Charlotte
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This place is great it sits right on the water in historic Swansboro North Carolina. I have eaten here many times. The seafood is amazingly fresh. The baked clams are old school good and you can tell everything is made from scratch. The fresh ground burger is the only one in town like that. You could take a family or make it a cozy romantic dinner for two. Mike the owner is always about you would think he never is not there; he treats all the customers like geusts in his home. His wife Meg was our waitress and she was great she knew the menu and was able to make great suggestions. The cheesecake she brought is homemade and is the best I ever had they had three different kinds we got the Nicky's (keylime with a rassberry swirl and topped with toasted Coconut) YUM! A must go to when ever my family and I travel to the coast.

• Visited October 2012
Lacarr84, Manager at Nicky's of Swansboro, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thanks for the review, that new cheesecake flavor has been a big hit! We are glad you enjoyed it, come back and see us soon!

“We Love Nicky's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

And come here often! It's a real mom and pop operation. The crab cakes and shrimp and grits are awesome. The owners and their family are always hard at work to make us feel right at home.

Lacarr84, Manager at Nicky's of Swansboro, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks Julia! We look forward to seeing you again!
Jacksonville NC
“Great food, horrible service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been to Nickys a couple times since I have lived in the area but none of my visits were as bad as my last one. Our waitress was Meg and she was unorganized, rude, and slow. One of the few times she came to the table she reeked of cigarettes....very unprofessional and gross. Good thing the food is so delicious or I would have asked to speak with the owner right then. It took her so long to bring us an extra tartar sauce for our meals that we were pretty much finished when she finally arrived! Any time she talked to us she was condescending and frustrated....like we were inconveniencing her. I was very offended by this visit to Nicky's...I realize everyone has their bad nights but the way she was acting was inappropriate and if she was really that upset she should have not gone to work that night. I hope that there will be repercussions for her behavior because having a bad waitress ruins the whole experience for a paying customer. She does not need to be in this line of work since she obviously dislikes it so much. Sorry for the bad review. but I thought it needed to be said.
For future diners I recommend a fried seafood basket and requesting any waitress but her!

• Visited October 2012
Thanks for taking the time to leave the review Jessica. Sorry you did not enjoy your meal, I can assure you that she has been reprimanded and the situation has been resolved. I hope you will come back again and see us!
Swansboro, North Carolina
“Nicky's Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We have been going to Nicky's for a year and a half now. It is one of our favorite restaurants in town. We have never gotten a bad meal. If you want something changed on an item on the menu, all you have to do is ask. The food, drinks, atmosphere and service are always top notch. We would highly recommend this place to anyone interested in fresh food and a great time!

• Visited October 2012
Thanks so much for the lovely review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good food, so-so atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We eat here every year, sometimes twice, when we are at the Crystal Coast. The deck outside is the best place to sit. Every time we sit inside we see bugs on the walls or tables, but the health score reassures us that it is probably just a side effect of being right on the water.

Visited September 2012
Thanks for the review! Unfortunatley they are a consequence of being right on the water but we do have weekly maintence to deter them from coming inside as best we can. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!