“Sun and Fun”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
“Sun and Fun”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Yana has always been a family favorite for breakfast, but I had not tried it for lunch. My friend and I were able to get in recently, just before the closing time of 3:00 PM. The place was delightful, decked with Christmas garlands, very festive. All the staff wore a Santa hat with their traditional Yana's T-shirts. Definitely holiday mode. I had one of the best shrimp burgers I have had lately, with delicious, juicy, crunchy fries. My friend had an excellent beef hamburger. The service was courteous, efficient and fast, as always. As we were leaving, jovial and friendly Yana herself walked into the restaurant and greeted us as if we were her close friends. We voted that Yana is as good a lunch place as a breakfast destination.

For those who have not been to Yana yet, do not miss a visit to the restroom where a life size cut out of Elvis reigns supreme in the ladies' room, and talks to you!

• Visited December 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good Food, Long Wait”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The diner-style food really hit the spot. They serve breakfast all day, so it is great for vegetarians looking for a full meal in the middle of the day--a hard thing to find in this area. We had omelets and they were delicious. The area has lots of fun little shops to browse in, so putting your name on the list for a table and browsing up and down the street is a good option. We had to wait about an hour for a table in the mid-afternoon in mid-August. It was crowded, but the food was worth the wait.

• Visited August 2012
Crystal Coast
“Best Kept Secret ?”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

As a local author, I interviewed Swansboro locals as well as travellers eating in Yana's and was amazed to find how many locals love this place, how many travellers come back year after year but best of all how many options there are for picky eaters, dieters and those who pig out on the high calorie items too. What I like most is how fresh the food is and the personal touch in preparation down to chopping up the carrots for the gourmet salad. We bring family and friends here often to experience the quaint atmosphere and friendly staff including Evelyn. She'll sit with you and tell of the latest adventures - always something happening at Yana's. If you want a young-at-heart experience go, if you're an old grouch, you may have a life changing experience - it's all up to you but you're bound to take something away to remember Yana's. This year we were there on Halloween and what a trip! They really get into decorating and costumes! What a fun place!

• Visited October 2012
Ocean City, Maryland
“UNIQUE”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

It is a neat little place that is filled with 50's memorabilia. The breakfast is very good and freshly cooked to order. Their fruit fritters are to die for...yummy! We have eaten at Yana's every time we are in the area. The place is small Y the staff is attentive and very friendly. It seems to be a favorite spot if the locals. Enjoy

• Visited November 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Travel back in time to the 50's”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Being a child of the 50's Yana's is like traveling back to a simpler time. The burgers, the shakes, the fries, Oh My! and the fried fruit fritters will make you want to slap your momma! I mean anything deep fried and sprinkle with powdered suger cannot be all bad. The variety of food on the menu is incredible and everything is absolutely delicious, believe me I've tried it all. You can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner all at the same time if you want and, on many occasions, I have. The decor is a loving tribute to Elvis, Lucy, Marilyn. the giant Juke Box in the window plays actual 45's and the bathrooms are a religious experience. The owner Evelyn Moore and her staff are attentive, friendly and hysterical. When you leave you feel like family. A trip to Swansboro is not complete without a vist to Yana's Ye Olde Drugstore Restaurant.

• Visited October 2012