“Best Carolina BBQ around”

Okie Dokies Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Swannanoa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Okie Dokies drew us in with the smoker out near the road which wafts wonderful scents in the neighborhood, making it almost irresistible. This is the best BBQ around with friendly staff and a sense of humor to boot. Yes, they bill themselves as "Swannanoa Swine Dining!" The red wagon lunch plate is terrific and a bargain but our favorite is the mini rack of ribs. The jalepeno hushpuppies are delicious without being burning hot. Several choices of BBQ sauce round out the options. We've had their food at a catered event for at least 300 ppl and it was great then too!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I are always looking for the best bbq when we travel and judge not only the meat but the sauce that is served on the side. The ribs are blue ribbon- a nice smoke ring and flavor with a dry rub that is slightly sweet and moist. You don't need to put sauce on these! On the negative is the sauces- the hickory/artificial smoke flavor is something that ruins a sauce in my opinion.

We loved all the sides we tried- both the white slaw- creamy but not to saucy, the red slaw- unlike any other I've ever had. It is a vinegar base with the bite of pepper- a nice blend. The baked beans also rated up here on the list- creamy and flavorful- but not from the use of bbq sauce.

Okie Dokies waitstaff is friendly, attentive and know the food they serve.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I called in a pickup order for our way on the road back home! Man the pork sandwich was so good, i wanted another one! :) my boyfriend had their smoke turkey sandwich which he barely tasted :) also the sweet tea was awesome too!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

It's teeny-tiny compared to most restaurants but BIG on taste. This very local place is also a very popular catering venue at many Asheville area events - and for good reason. Tender, tasty ribs that don't hide behind the sauce. But that Brunswick Stew - Yummmm!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've tried BBQ everywhere in the South and Okie Dokie's is terrific. You get a choice of BBQ sauce, but this is a place where you really don't need it because the meat is so amazing on its own. The pickle chips are a great way to start. The only downside is that there was no dessert to speak of, but I was too full anyway!