“Great barbeque!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Indianapolis
“Great barbeque!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was visiting the Asheville area last year on a trip to Biltmore and Okie Dokie's was recommended to me by my aunt who lives close-by in Swannanoa. I had traveled from Indiana and was looking for some "real Southern barbeque".......this definitely fit the bill! The price is reasonable and judging by how busy the restaurant was, it's very popular with locals and visitors alike. I've been there a couple of times since and have never been disappointed. Planning on going back to Asheville before Christmas and Okie Dokie's is on the list of "must visit" places. Five stars, two thumbs WAY up!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Zuzu61

North Central Florida
“Good meal, good value”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were staying in Asheville and found this restaurant by accident. It was about 8-miles from Asheville (proper) and very, very good! Nothing fancy, but wonderful food, clean and friendly. Also, the portions were NOT meager. I would highly recommend the short trip over to Swannanoa to eat at this restaurant and enjoy some really good vittles! Lots of locals eat here, as well as families, couples, and we even saw a group of men in business shirts/ties enjoying dinner.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank OverTheFLRainbow
Palmetto, Florida, United States
“Great Veggies Too!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting here since the summer of 2008 and have never been disappointed. My husband claims its the best BBQ he has ever had. I love it because of the sides. I usually get collard greens, black eyed peas, red vinegar spicy coleslaw with jalepeno hush puppies. The service is always quick and the place clean. We love it! They also have some micro beers on tap.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Julie P
Woodstock, Georgia
“Ribs fall off the bone”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were in Asheville and looking for take-out so I went to my trusted Tripadvisor for some help. Just up the street was a #1 rated restaurant that served BBQ and they certainly lived up to their rating. My wife had a big pulled pork sandwich, with slaw and I ordered a rack of ribs. She loved her sandwich and I ate ribs for two nights. They were big and jucie. A stop for sure next time we are in Asheville area.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mike H
Asheville, North Carolina
“Best place for BBQ”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I typically don't eat pulled pork because I have always found it to be too fatty. At Okie Dokies, they smoke it with the fat but trim the fat before serving so you only get the delicious meat and not the fat! This is the ONLY place I will eat pulled pork. Their brisket is just as good and they have THE BEST fried pickles ANYWHERE. If you ever get the chance, make sure you stop in and get something to eat...you won't be disappointed! The servers are some of the friendliest and will always make sure that you enjoy your visit. All of the sides are tasty but my favorite is the baked beans. If you get the plate, you get two sides and hush puppies, so you won't go away hungry!

• Visited July 2013