“A summer project turned into a love”

Surf City Surf School
Ranked #5 of 10 Tours in Surf City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: As Topsail Island's only surf school, we provide a learning experience that is jam packed with fun, laughter, and SURFING! We pride ourselves in safety and successful instruction. Our "Surf Schoolhouse" serves as our home base, supplying a convenient area to meet, park and shred! We also offer our locally designed and manufactured SCSS brand - hats, tees, rash guards and more, all centered around Surf City, NC. Rentals are available for hourly, daily or weekly rates. Paddle boarding lessons, tours and rentals available. Give us a hoot, we'd love to show you what stoke is all about!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A summer project turned into a love”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This summer I decided that for my 30th birthday I wanted to learn how to surf. After a week of failed attempts at self teaching, I was lucky enough to be given a card to the Surf City Surf School on the beach. When I contacted them through email, I received an extremely prompt and informative response and scheduled my first lesson. I absolutely loved my lesson and a week later was contacting them once again for an advanced session. Both of my lessons were one on one and lasted a bit over an hour. The experience with Surf City Surf School was top notch and quickly ignited a personal love for the sport of surfing. Because of them, I accomplished my goal of learning to surf this summer and I cannot wait to come back for more advanced instruction as my skills continue to improve.

Visited July 2014