“going off cause things were not posted”
Review of The Crab Pot

The Crab Pot
Ranked #39 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed December 29, 2012

my husband and i took our children there over the summer and will nobody told us that after 4pm you placed your order at the outside window and it was not posted anywhere i just kinda figured that the people outside at the window were take out one would think when we got in and went to the bar to place our order the bar tender said that we needed to place the order outside at the window haha i went off and told them that we would go some where else to eat cause there was not a sign saying that will guess what she took our order along with several others to now the food was good and you could sing if you wanted to they had a dj which was ok but we have not been back

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I can't understand other reviews saying 'no aircon' - 'nobody at the door to meet and greet' - 'no silver ware' ...
Geeez! It's a beach bar! Come on folks, where have you been? This place is straight out of San Tropez, Rio, Bondi Beach and FUN and has ATMOSPHERE!

1  Thank Roger W
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This place has the potential to be great seafood dive. Instead, the food really disappoints. What makes it worse is that they're pulling fresh seafood off the boats behind the restaurant. I don't know where the disconnect happens, but what comes out of the kitchen is usually crap. Given that most seafood is either steamed or fried, they should be able to get it right.

On top of everything, they gouge you with their prices. For some masochistic reason, I've eaten there 3 or 4 times and have been disappointed each time. I think I've learned my lesson, but hope they can turn the place around. I have a feeling that the lack of dining options has allowed them to make money with subpar food. That'll change as the area develops.

3  Thank James M
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We got a carry-out order for 5 adults, all sandwiches. When we got back to the house and sat down to eat we noticed ALL 5 sandwiches had mold on them! Not just on some places but in several places. We ended up eating the fish and throwing the bread away. When we called to complain, the manager said she is the one that puts the sandwiches together and she makes a point to say "I check all the bread for mold" REALLY????? so exactly how old is the bread u r using if it needs to be checked before each order???? And then she asked us what did we want her to do about it? Well, maybe some people skills training would be helpful....oh yeah, and some FRESH BREAD! so, $60 later as I sit here and type, I am wishing I had taken the advice of the previous posts and gone to Hardees! Please learn from my mistake and keep driving when u see this place!!

2  Thank susan69_12
Reviewed November 13, 2012

It's a funny place; you either walk in, take a look around, fall in love or flee screaming. We've never been to a more spectacularly fantastic dive.

We found it while going to buy seafood next door and wandered in for a beer and a snack. We had such a good time that we went back the following night for oysters and other fried goodies.

It's not a fancy place and if you can't be amused by a place with menus written on toilet seats, it's not for you.

1  Thank pipanale