“What a dive!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We arrived in Surf City Friday afternoon and once we unloaded everything at the rental we headed back over the bridge for supplies. Well before we got to the bridge I spotted The Crab Pot and I thought "cool local fresh seafood"! Well...........
The first thing that was wrong was we sat ourselves since no one was at the door to tell us anything. After sitting for 10 minutes being ignored my wife spots the NC Sanitation score posted on the kitchen wall. She says yuck! an 88. Since we live in NC we know it takes a pretty dirty place to get that low. Once we saw that we got up and left.
Stay away!!

1  Thank Brewer I

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This restaurant had average reviews, and yet we still tried it- it was worse than expected. There was no service, and by that I mean we sat ourselves, got up to place the order, got up to get silverware, got up to get our food, got up to ask for crab picks (and were handed the dirty ones right off a table they were cleaning off!). We ordered 2 lbs of snow crab, 2 appetizers (very small), and 2 beers/2 sodas (no refills)...$100! I even got up to go pay at the bar, and waited for a long time until the bartender finished her conversation.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Dirty
Poor service
Lacks management
No air conditioning

We waited 20 minutes to place our order. Then was instructed to do so at the bar. As we attempted to place our order for a group of five, the bartender interrupts the ordering to make a shot for one of the bar customers. We simply left. Terrible experience

1  Thank jc1730
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came here for our anniversary dinner. It was definitely not the romantic evening we hoped for. Food was ok but way more expensive than other close restaurants with better food. Food Served in take hOme boxes with plastic wear. Crab cake was ok but nothing compared to other local places. Vinegar cole slaw which was too tangy for us. Enough food for me but not for my husband.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our family went to the Crab Pot in late August while on vacation. The decor and bartenders made the meal fun, and the adult beverages were very tasty; the seafood we ordered arrived quickly, but was mediocre at best.