“Decent!”

Mainsail Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food is fair, not outstanding, but this place lacks atmosphere completely. When you spend 20 dollars or more for your dinner, you want more than the mainsail offers.

1  Thank Sbrooks126

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We tried it for dinner for the first time on a Sunday, and the seafood was very good and the service was excellent. So we went back the following month on a Friday night for the prime rib special, and both the food and the service were just OK.

1  Thank geo08
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My cousin and I went to the mainsail for a drink after shopping around the island. We did not order any food this time, but out drinks were perfect. They were not too strong, and not weak. The bartender was very friendly but not overbearing, and was willing to converse with us about where we were from, the schools we went to, out holiday break, etc... The bartender was also helping to host, and wait tables, but managed to get to everyone in a timely fashion and give everyone equal attention. I will certainly come back to this establishment to try the food sometime.

1  Thank Elly J
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I must say that was the worst steak I have ever had in my life and I am 70 years old....I ordered a Filet Mignon...medium well....I was asked if they could butterfly..and I said yes...when they brought my filet mignon it looked like a ribeye but thinner....a flat piece of meat....I guess it was the owner that I asked if this was a ribeye and I was told it was a filet but butterflyed...I did not ask for well done I asked for medium well...well I will tell you this steak was so thin and so dry....and I did say I was not satisfied but because I agreed to the butterflying and the way I requested it be cooked it was all my doing....I've had quite few steaks in my lifetime and all the other times a filet is butterflyed it is cut into the meat to assure its medium...not sliced into like you would put it on a sandwich....anyway even the baked potatoe was not completely done...what a shame with the prices they charge for the filet mignon.. the waitness was nice but made a point of staying clear of our table until time for the check.. I think Customer Satisfaction is not a policy of the restaurant...I am a local and will not recommend this restaurant to anyone...

1  Thank BedBreakfast1
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We have been there when the food was great and we've been there when it wasn't that great. If you can hit it on a good day you will certainly enjoy your meal.

1  Thank cheryl h