“Another Perfect Vacation thanks to Island Inn”
Review of Island Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Surf City
Island Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Surf City
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My family and I always go to Surf City for a few nights when we go and visit family in Raeford. We ended up staying 4 nights this vacation and they upgraded us to a bigger room when we got there which was awesome. It is quite, and just a 30 second walk to the beach. They also have a pool if you get tired of the salt water, which is very refreshing. I can't say enough great things about this place, it will always be a favorite place for us to stay and we think we are going back over Laborday weekend.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank LadyLothlorien23

Reviewed July 6, 2009

We make the trip from Ohio to the Surf City/Topsail Island area for our summer vacation almost every year, and we would never stay anywhere else but the Island Inn! The Inn is a minute walk from the beach if that. It is also within walking distance to most of the Surf City restaurants, shops, and fishing pier etc. The Inn is very well kept and very clean, with a relaxing island decor and atmosphere, and very reasonable room rates. It has a nice fenced in pool area and every room has its own picnic table so you eat, play cards or just sit outside and enjoy the ocean breeze. We prefer the rooms upstairs because there is a large sundeck with extra chairs and tables and enough space to put your surf fishing gear if needed. The rooms themselves are nice and cozy. They aren't large rooms, but we travel with our two teenage boys and we have plenty of room. The rooms are very clean and have a refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, cable television, and internet. We like the tropical colors in the rooms and the cool tile floors after a day on the hot sand at the beach. The staff is friendly and always helpful when we need something. The owners are right next door and we can't say enough about Brian. He always remembers me when we go down (and my brother when he is there) even if it is a couple of years between stays. Brian is always friendly and makes sure we are comfortable during our stay. Thanks Brian! Can't wait to go back to the Island Inn next summer!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jaybird62
Reviewed September 27, 2008

My wife & I travel through N.C. once a year and make it a point to go out of our way to stay at this place. The service is great, the rooms are kozy, and the view is spectacular. One of the managers personally made sure we enjoyed our stay. We thankyou Christine from the bottom of our hearts. Will definitely will go back again!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank L_Ron_T
Reviewed September 5, 2008

I am a travel agent who uses Trip Advisor quite often to check on hotels. It usually works but not this time. We spent 2 weekend nights here in August and it was a big disappointment. We were told there would be internet which there was not. They nickel and dime you to death and it is very cramped unlike the pics I saw on the internet. We stayed in a 2 double bed room with a rollaway for my 14 year old. There was no closet. No where to put the luggage. There was 5 of us. The rollaway was like a wooden board. I had to give my son all the pillows to put underneath him so he could sleep. They don't even have an ice vending machine. They have ice but you have to pay for it $1.50 and by the time we arrived-about 6pm the ice cabinet was locked and there was no one in the office. The staff was rude and the cleaning person told me if we needed extra towels they would charge us for them. The only thing good about this place is the location across the street from the beach. I very rarely complain about places but you do not want to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank traveljeanne
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

I just saw this and wanted to respond. I am the one who made your reservation and told you the room was not big enough for a rollaway bed. You insisted that all would be fine because most of the time you all would be at the beach.
Yes, we charge for ice. An ice machine sitting outside here would not last any time at all. With so many fishermen too, it works better having the 10lb bags.
Next time, get 2 rooms or call far enough ahead to get our room with 2 queens and 1 twin.
But to cram 5 people with a roll away into a room meant for 4 and then post a review making it look like I did this is not right.

Reviewed June 20, 2008

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Island Inn. It is very close to the beach (less than a block) and a good value for the money. We stayed in a room with a single queen size bed which had both a refrigerator and a microwave. The room was pretty and painted in beach house type colors but it was very small. The bathroom was extremely tiny and seemed kind of like the bathroom we had when we were on a cruise ship a couple of years ago. The only issue we had was with the maid service. We got up every morning to go to the beach and we would come back around 12:30-1:00 and our room still wouldn't have been cleaned and so every day of our five day stay (except for one day) I had to go to the desk to get clean towels and wash cloths. I am not sure exactly what time the maid service cleans rooms but I just want to tell you it is not until afternoon hours apparently.
Overall though we did have a good experience. The building was older but well kept up. The staff was very friendly. I felt safe and at home. It is probably the nicest hotel on the island.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shopgrl922
Reviewed June 11, 2008

The room was clean and provided a microwave, coffee maker, and mini-fridge. There was no phone in the room and the hotel does not offer any type of internet service (no Wi-Fi in the area either). The bathroom was very small and the shower stall had a slow drain so it filled up with water. The front desk staff is less than friendly and told me they were reluctant to rent a room for one night (I was travelling for business but "that doesn't matter to them" they said). All in all, it's probably better than other places in Surf City.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank NorthCarolinaKismet
Reviewed October 16, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Island Inn for two nights. We found our room to be very clean, cozy, and even a little romantic. We're thinking about going back this coming weekend if we can get away, It was very quiet and peaceful. Some people say the rooms are small, I say that they are cozy. We had everything we needed. I didn;t expect to come back to our room the following day and find the beds made, not only made but fresh sheets which I really loved. The room had also been cleaned. I can't say enough good things about this little Inn. I called all our friends who love to fish, or just want a quite place to get away and told them eveything we had experienced at the Island Inn. I told them to lets get together and go this weekend if there are rooms available. I can hardly wait until this weekend.
S.J. Autry & S.M.Autry

#19 of 30 in Jacksonville
Topsail Shores Inn
Topsail Shores Inn
#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry

Been to Island Inn? Share your experiences!