“Cozy and Clean!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Surf City
Island Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Surf City
Apex, North Carolina
“Cozy and Clean!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

When I was a little girl, my family always took me to Topsail Beach but we usually stayed in a beach house. For nostalgia's sake (and a much needed vacation), my husband and I decided at the last minute that we wanted to take a family vacation to the beach for Memorial Day. After reading the reviews about Island Inn on trip advisor, I was very sure that we would have a pleasant experience and we did! The rooms are very clean and there's a place to store everything! There's a fridge and microwave in every room and free wifi. Outside of every room is a place to hang wet towels and bathing suits along with a table in case you wanted to eat outside or just lounge. It is literally right across the street from the beach! It's perfect if you're traveling with children, alone, or for a romantic weekend. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Precise428
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your review!
We love it when our guests are happy! This is what we strive for each and every day! We know we are not perfect nor never will be. But doing our best is all we can do and always glad to hear when our efforts are appreciated!
This place was a total disaster when we bought it and we made it into what it is today. We will continue to make improvements in our rooms every year as well as we fell our guests deserve the best we can give them!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We love it here! We have been staying here for years since we sold the condo. It is a one day drive from Ohio and we are never so relaxed as we are with our Island Inn family! Super clean, super friendly and great place to stay for 7 days or more! Thanks, Mike and Deidra

Room Tip: Lower rooms look out on the pool and upper rooms have an expansive deck area!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mike F
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you!!! So glad we meet your expectations year after year! And so happy to see you year after year! Our guests are like members of our family. We see couples grow together and their children grow up:) We truly look forward to seeing each and every one:)
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had stayed in houses for years at Topsail. We were very sad when we realized we had to cut back on expenses, as do many families these days. Gone were the days of renting a large house for the week and having the entire family there. The husbands have to work now and so began my search for a smaller option... When I reserved my room for four at Island Inn I had no idea what to expect. After staying there for four days last summer, I am thrilled to say I found that "special someplace"!! I could not say a bad thing about this place if I tried! Clean, quiet, quaint, and did I mention clean? Nicest staff EVER, nicest guests too! Consider island Inn if you too are in the same boat...

8 Thank Melissa O
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you so much!! We do our best to ensure every customer has the same great experience! Also, every year we are do upgrades to bedding, rooms, etc to make our wonderful guests' stay even better!
Marietta, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

The entire establishment was very clean and well taken care of. The pool was an added bonus. the beach is big even at high tide and always kept very clean. We have enjoyed every stay here! Everything in Surf Side is within a short walking distance of the Island Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank M R
We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the Island Inn. Even though it is an older place, we did completely redo the entire motel and designed it for comfort, yet easier to keep to our high standard of cleanliness. Nice that our wonderful customers appreciate it!! Thank you!
Robbins, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Growing up my brother and his wife always took me, and my mom with their family to Topsail Island. One of the places we stayed at that I could remember was this one. The Island Inn. Back then, they had just put the pool in, so it was a fairly long time ago. I remember us having a blast. I am now married with a family of my own, and I wanted our first beach trip to be to Topsail. I had called the surrounding inns, and hotels of the beach like Tiffany's, and the one down by the sound. I was greeted over the phone by unwelcoming voices of what sounded to be tired and unenthusiastic employees. I wanted our family to have fun on our first trip, and I didn't want to worry about anything else. After speaking with others on the phone, I went to TripAdvisor. I found the Island Inn, and it suddenly dawned on me that I had been here before. Sure enough after getting in touch with and confirming with my sister-in-law that we this was the place I remembered, I had to call. I got the most welcoming voice on the other end of the phone, and I knew this was where I was booking. No doubt in my mind. I even told the lady how nice she was compared to others I had spoke to. Come to find out I was speaking with the manager. This woman was beyond nice to me over the phone and answered any and all questions I had. inally the time came for us to head to Topsail. When we arrived, I checked us in, (again another extremely nice experience) and opened our room. It was just what we needed. Big enough for my husband, my daughter who was 2, and son who was 10 months plus myself. Even with our pack and play we had enough room, for comfort. All the staff at this place is nice! The beach is located right across the road! Needless to say I WILL be booking here again, and I needed to share with everyone how friendly the Island Inn is. I wanted an overall enjoyable experience and that's what my family got. Thank you Island Inn for allowing us to have a memory I once had as a kid. As a mother you wonder what your room will look like, is it big enough, and all sorts of various things...we had room 4. It was great for the weekend we needed. We went the weekend after July 4th.

2 Thank mdsheff03
We are very happy your family enjoys our inn so much!! Thank you!
Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have not stayed in the Inn but my sister has had my nephew's birthday bash week there for 3 years straight now in July and we have spent a lot of time visiting the place. The rooms are spacious and clean and are set up like efficiencies so you can cook small microwave meals and keep sandwhich and drink supplies in the mini fridge that is supplied. We like the fact that outside of each room there is a picnic table with dividers and clothes hooks so you can hang outside catching the ocean breeze and hang up all your wet towels, etc. We have had the birthday parties outside in our own little private area and everyone is so friendly and accomodating. The owners are usually on site checking you into the place. There is a small pool just perfect for the kids to play in if they get tired of the beach. There are plenty of restaurants, grocery, gift shops etc. all within a block! If my mother did not live in Tospsail we would make it our vacation spot too!

Room Tip: We always stayed on the first floor but 2nd floor may give you more of a breeze and a better view...
2 Thank SandySki
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you so much!! We strive to be the best we can be. We appreciate each guest and want them to be comfortable and happy!!
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Several friends and myself decided to do an outing at Topsail and decided to try the Island Inn in Surf City, NC. Although I have not stayed at this motel, all the reviews I read were good so I booked rooms for our outing. This motel is in a great location and just a walk across the street to the beach, gift shops and restaurants. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There is a nice pool to enjoy. The hallway has picnic tables set up for gatherings if one pleases. All of the staff were very friendly and we especially enjoyed talking to Brian at the desk. I would definitely stay at this motel again and will recommend to friends.

Room Tip: The corner room was my favorite and although it is next to the street, it is quiet. The room has th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry
Seaview Pier Motel
Seaview Pier Motel
#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry

Been to Island Inn? Share your experiences!