“Clean and very close to beach access”
Review of Island Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Surf City
Island Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Surf City
Triad, NC
“Clean and very close to beach access”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Distance-wise, our room was closer to the beach than many "oceanfront" condos we have stayed in previously. The location is great. Very clean rooms. You can tell the owners take pride in this place.

The rooms are quite small, but unless you're going on vacation to stay in your room and watch TV, that shouldn't matter. If we were looking for another long weekend on Topsail Island, we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
So glad we are appreciated!!! We do try hard to have everything as perfect as possible. The smile on our guests faces brighten not only the ones of us in the office day, but our housekeeping staff as well. They are truly the most important employees here! Our maintenance crew, which is my husband and son, are constantly making our rooms even nicer. Just wish we could get all of our wish list done in one winter!
Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

What a great place to stay. Safe and so close to the beach... we left our tent up when our kids had to go back to the motel to take a nap. We had a spacious queen bed room on the first floor. We traveled with a 2.5 yr old and a 5 month old. We brought a pack-n-play, and rented another one from them for a small fee. Both pack-n-plays fit fine in our room. There was a great place to hang your wet towels outside your room and a picnic table to leave some sandy things out right outside your door. There is a great close deli nearby where we ate our breakfasts and lunches. We were able to walk (with a double stroller) to decent restaurants for dinner. We barely used the car. It was clean (a few flies, but they had a handy swatter, and I think it's expected to see bugs by the beach. It wasn't a luxurious 5 star hotel, but it was clean and convenient and at the right price for a budgeting family. Just what we needed. I would go there again and would recommend this place to friends for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Charissa18
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much!! We all do our very best make sure rooms are clean and guests are comfortable. We have an awesome housekeeping staff! Our maintenance guys, my husband and son, stay busy upgrading in the winter and maintaining in the summer.
It makes us all feel good when our customers are happy!!
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was very Blessed to find this Gem of a place! I called every Pet Friendly hotel on Topsail Island before my arrival but showed up without a reservation because I wanted to look at the location, cleanliness, and make sure it was safe and quite. Island Inn was my first stop and it fit my criteria to a tee and then some! Barbara the owner/operator was so warm and friendly and the room was so perfect I didn't need to go any further. My room was very pet friendly with clean hard tile floors. The refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker was a great addition. The room I stayed in #5 had a second bedroom but I didn't need it so it was locked and I wasn't charged for it. I also had a dining room table with 4 chairs. The Flat Screen and nice tropical bedding made for a comfortable and relaxing stay. Pool was clean as was the grounds. The picnic tables outside each room was great too. Walking distance to Pier, Shopping, and Restuarants. Only suggestion would be a grill, there were lots of places to buy fresh Seafood I would of love to grill out! I'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: There's no bad choice! It's ALL GOOD!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank megantracy
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much!! I do all I can for our guests. We cannot allow cooking out here. The fire dept and our insurance agent said that with the wood, plants, etc we cannot allow it.
However, the park at the swing bridge which is on the intercoastal has running water, bathrooms, covered picnic table and allows cooking on portable gas grill.
Park at North end of the Island allows cooking with charcoal as they have a receptacle for the hot coals. It too has playground, bathrooms, running water and very pretty.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I went for a long weekend with our 7 year old and had a wonderful time. Clean, quiet and all around welcoming little hideaway. The manager and staff were very nice and the manager went out of her way to give us information on restaurants and such that were all just a stroll away. We were comfortable and happy. The only suggestion we would have is for some sort of mat on the floor when you walk into your room. Even with rinsing off outside the sand follows you. I felt badly because you can tell how the owner works very hard to keep things running nicely. I would also say that perhaps a toaster may be a good addition to rooms. Otherwise, we are looking forward to returning to the Island Inn and thank you for a memorable family trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sciacca99
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! Will consider the toasters! Always looking at suggestions from our guest to enhance their stay!
Uniontown, Ohio
Reviewed June 4, 2013

A great beach getaway. We truly enjoyed our stay at the Island Inn. Exactly the type of place we were looking for ~ quiet, cozy, within walking distance to the beach !!!!! a short walk to quaint shops and beach eateries. Thank you for the warm hospitality ! Looking forward to the opportunity to return to the Island Inn and Surf City.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kbinkley
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you!! Quiet, warm, cozy, clean and friendly is exactly what we strive for every day!
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Room was small but clean. Owner very nice. Recommend second floor for brighter room and deck seating. Beds were comfortable. Location excellent. Half block from beach. Pool was clean and maintained. Close to restaurants. Walking distance to coffee house and genuine NY deli for authentic knishes.

• Stayed June 2013
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Wish we could've made the rooms bigger! However, this is why we added the decks, porces and picnic tables. This extends the rooms to the outdoors! We feel it is much better than just a walkway. Thank you so much!!
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I love the owner she is great, very nice and helpful
. within walking distance of the beach, the rooms were clean and cozy. Not nosisy at all! I love it, and we will stay there again. thank you to the manager or owner for an excellent stay. we will be back!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank jmorrow490
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you so much!!! It is very easy to be nice to nice people. We have the best guests anywhere!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surf City
Seaview Pier Motel
Seaview Pier Motel
#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville ...
#2 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Island Inn? Share your experiences!