“Paradise Found! Clean! Comfortable! Safe! Steps to Beach!”
Review of Island Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Surf City
Island Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Surf City
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was very Blessed to find this Gem of a place! I called every Pet Friendly hotel on Topsail Island before my arrival but showed up without a reservation because I wanted to look at the location, cleanliness, and make sure it was safe and quite. Island Inn was my first stop and it fit my criteria to a tee and then some! Barbara the owner/operator was so warm and friendly and the room was so perfect I didn't need to go any further. My room was very pet friendly with clean hard tile floors. The refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker was a great addition. The room I stayed in #5 had a second bedroom but I didn't need it so it was locked and I wasn't charged for it. I also had a dining room table with 4 chairs. The Flat Screen and nice tropical bedding made for a comfortable and relaxing stay. Pool was clean as was the grounds. The picnic tables outside each room was great too. Walking distance to Pier, Shopping, and Restuarants. Only suggestion would be a grill, there were lots of places to buy fresh Seafood I would of love to grill out! I'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: There's no bad choice! It's ALL GOOD!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank megantracy
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much!! I do all I can for our guests. We cannot allow cooking out here. The fire dept and our insurance agent said that with the wood, plants, etc we cannot allow it.
However, the park at the swing bridge which is on the intercoastal has running water, bathrooms, covered picnic table and allows cooking on portable gas grill.
Park at North end of the Island allows cooking with charcoal as they have a receptacle for the hot coals. It too has playground, bathrooms, running water and very pretty.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I went for a long weekend with our 7 year old and had a wonderful time. Clean, quiet and all around welcoming little hideaway. The manager and staff were very nice and the manager went out of her way to give us information on restaurants and such that were all just a stroll away. We were comfortable and happy. The only suggestion we would have is for some sort of mat on the floor when you walk into your room. Even with rinsing off outside the sand follows you. I felt badly because you can tell how the owner works very hard to keep things running nicely. I would also say that perhaps a toaster may be a good addition to rooms. Otherwise, we are looking forward to returning to the Island Inn and thank you for a memorable family trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sciacca99
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us! Will consider the toasters! Always looking at suggestions from our guest to enhance their stay!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

A great beach getaway. We truly enjoyed our stay at the Island Inn. Exactly the type of place we were looking for ~ quiet, cozy, within walking distance to the beach !!!!! a short walk to quaint shops and beach eateries. Thank you for the warm hospitality ! Looking forward to the opportunity to return to the Island Inn and Surf City.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kbinkley
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you!! Quiet, warm, cozy, clean and friendly is exactly what we strive for every day!

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Room was small but clean. Owner very nice. Recommend second floor for brighter room and deck seating. Beds were comfortable. Location excellent. Half block from beach. Pool was clean and maintained. Close to restaurants. Walking distance to coffee house and genuine NY deli for authentic knishes.

• Stayed: June 2013

Wish we could've made the rooms bigger! However, this is why we added the decks, porces and picnic tables. This extends the rooms to the outdoors! We feel it is much better than just a walkway. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I love the owner she is great, very nice and helpful
. within walking distance of the beach, the rooms were clean and cozy. Not nosisy at all! I love it, and we will stay there again. thank you to the manager or owner for an excellent stay. we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank jmorrow490
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you so much!!! It is very easy to be nice to nice people. We have the best guests anywhere!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is our second time staying at Island Inn, and we love it! The rooms are clean and everything is within walking distance. The beach is literally a few steps away and so are some of the shops and restaurants! We thoroughly enjoyed our mini vacation. The only thing that didn't work so well was the Wi-Fi, but we didn't go to the beach for Internet access or to do work! :-) Thanks, Island Inn, for everything! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank DLFrazier
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you so much!! We appreciate your business and the review!!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The rooms are a bit dark and in need of remodel but the location is Gretchen- walk right to the beach, near restaurants, etc. and the place is pretty redo ably price. If your neighbors are noisy though, you'll hear them all night.

Room Tip: Upper deck- not around the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank saratogasue
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

If neighbors were noisy I do wish you would have told us. We do not want anyone disturbed. Rooms around the pool have been remodeled. They use to have vinyl and carpet on floor, dark paneling on walls, bath door straight in fromt of you when you walked in, no tub, just a 32" flimsy fiberglass shower, and no where to sit but on the beds. Everything inside and out we have done except actually building the buildings.
We do want to add glass block windows to back walls to let more light in though.
Rooms on top deck all have 1 queen bed except for one room that has 2.
Do hope you will stay with us again :) Thank you for the input.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surf City
Topsail Shores Inn
#1 of 2 in Sneads Ferry
20 mi away
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville ...
#2 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Island Inn? Share your experiences!