“Homemade never tasted so good!!”

Sugar Island Bakery
Ranked #3 of 4 Bakeries in Surf City
Good for: Special occasions
Description: Sugar Island Bakery & Supplies is a family owned and operated bakery located in Surf City, NC on Topsail Island. Our baked goods are all natural and made from scratch every day. Please understand, when we say "scratch" or "homemade" we don't mean that we defrosted it and baked it in the shop; or that we added water, stirred and baked. Our treats are made fresh DAILY from just the basics using as many local North Carolina ingredients as possible. Sugar Island is also a commercial wholesaler to many retail establishments, restaurants, and coffee houses. Sugar Island's retail shop is open 5 days a week, and we're always happy to accommodate special orders. You will also find a variety of home-baking supplies and local products in the shop. Over the years, we have been fortunate enough to amass a group of incredibly talented friends that include farmers, artisans, authors, designers, coffee roasters, and ice cream experts that produce amazing products we take pleasure in sharing. We have visited their farms, workshops, homes and studios and witnessed their creative process. We have seen that they believe in the fair treatment of employees and those around them in the community. Feel good in your shopping. You are supporting small, family-run businesses with eco-friendly practices. Local Food. Local Art. Rare Books. Used Books. Handmade Jewelry.
“Homemade never tasted so good!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I live in the area and I go to Sugar Island every week to get my fix of sweets. Sam and her mom, Tanish, are so great. I always end up staying to chat for awhile - they too are very sweet and so much fun!! The shop is homey and warm, with lots to entice you. If you love the rich and buttery taste of fresh baked goods, you must check out Sugar Island.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Diane A

Surf City, North Carolina
“More than outstanding !”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The best of everything ! All of the baked goodies are out of this world. Sam made a custom birthday cake for my husband. The B-2000. Everyone raved about it. She's the best.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank DPWILSON1003
Denver, Colorado, USA
“Amazing custom cake”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Sam created a custom cheesecake for me for a very special occasion. It was incredible!! She responded promptly to my request and was very easy to work with. I am looking forward to trying other goodies at the bakery next time I am in town. Thanks again, Sam!!! I would highly recommend this bakery.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank JMB1270
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Outstanding food made and served by outstanding people!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

One word sums up this place and the people that own it, OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! There aren't many places that you can go that you get food that warms your soul...this is one of those soul warming places!!

• Visited July 2013