“Great shop - wonderful southern hospitality!!”
Review of Mia's Marketplace

Mia's Marketplace
Ranked #2 of 14 Shopping in Surf City
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 shopping experiences in One Huge Store! Located in the original well-loved Docksider builder on the mainland. Visit The Pantry at Mia's ~ Old-fashioned candy, 32 flavors of salt water taffy, dips, mustards and salsas, & the best pretzels & chips! The Boutique is packed with uncommon gifts, home decor, jewelry, resort-wear and specialties. Not to mention the friendliest staff in Surf City! You'll be glad you visited!
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stopped on the way home and ended up staying for almost an hour. We purchased our candy (which was delicious) and then had a fun visit. This will be our first stop next year before we even hit the island. We highly recommend this lovely store and can't wait to return.

2  Thank Carolyn P

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Mia's Marketplace is one of the nicest shops I've ever visited... by far the nicest in the Surf City area.

3  Thank SoundsideQuilts
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Love this store! They have wonderful and delightful items--and candy! Great shop, filled with funky jewelry, handbags, accessories, and cool decorative items. I enjoyed it in there tremendously.

2  Thank Janet B
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Mia's is a lovely shop with a nice variety of gifts. It's not your typical beach souvenir shop at all. We enjoyed the wonderful display (and samples) of candies; several of the old-fashioned variety that are so rare. They have some very nice and unique pretzels made in Lebanon, PA, that we also enjoyed samples of. After our successful shopping, we enjoyed sodas and snacks in the outside dining area.

The ladies at Mia's are warm and friendly. The prices are fair and the selection is interesting. Mia's is a really nice stop.

2  Thank mimi1125427
Reviewed July 21, 2013

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this store - I could have spent hours here (if not for my children wanting to leave :) ). I detest shopping - let me say that first - I do not frequent malls or any such stores if I don't have to. I LOVE THIS STORE! What I love is that the owners carry products made by small business owners - candles hand made by the Wilmington Candle Company (small "mom and pop" shop in Wilmington, NC), pottery hand warmer mugs made also by a family owned small pottery shop, etc. I love supporting local business' and getting quality products in the meantime. If you visit, do not forget to seek out the food section in the back and the pretzel and mustard section mid-store off on the left. Homemade mustards (the beer mustard is amazing). Atmosphere, friendliness of owners, etc. Gotta check it out! It's located just down from the Food Lion (not on the island but just a few miles over bridge - you'll pass it enroute to swing bridge to island).

3  Thank CoffeeGirl3_99