“A Great Stop”
Review of Mia's Marketplace

Mia's Marketplace
Ranked #2 of 13 Shopping in Surf City
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 shopping experiences in One Huge Store! Located in the original well-loved Docksider builder on the mainland. Visit The Pantry at Mia's ~ Old-fashioned candy, 32 flavors of salt water taffy, dips, mustards and salsas, & the best pretzels & chips! The Boutique is packed with uncommon gifts, home decor, jewelry, resort-wear and specialties. Not to mention the friendliest staff in Surf City! You'll be glad you visited!
Dover, Delaware
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Great Stop”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Mia's is a lovely shop with a nice variety of gifts. It's not your typical beach souvenir shop at all. We enjoyed the wonderful display (and samples) of candies; several of the old-fashioned variety that are so rare. They have some very nice and unique pretzels made in Lebanon, PA, that we also enjoyed samples of. After our successful shopping, we enjoyed sodas and snacks in the outside dining area.

The ladies at Mia's are warm and friendly. The prices are fair and the selection is interesting. Mia's is a really nice stop.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank mimi1125427

Elkton, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“LOVE THIS STORE!!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this store - I could have spent hours here (if not for my children wanting to leave :) ). I detest shopping - let me say that first - I do not frequent malls or any such stores if I don't have to. I LOVE THIS STORE! What I love is that the owners carry products made by small business owners - candles hand made by the Wilmington Candle Company (small "mom and pop" shop in Wilmington, NC), pottery hand warmer mugs made also by a family owned small pottery shop, etc. I love supporting local business' and getting quality products in the meantime. If you visit, do not forget to seek out the food section in the back and the pretzel and mustard section mid-store off on the left. Homemade mustards (the beer mustard is amazing). Atmosphere, friendliness of owners, etc. Gotta check it out! It's located just down from the Food Lion (not on the island but just a few miles over bridge - you'll pass it enroute to swing bridge to island).

Visited July 2013
3 Thank CoffeeGirl3_99
Cambria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great service!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I wanted this really cool state pillow for my state CA. They didn't have any left, but ordered it for me and had it shipped to me with no extra charge. My pillow even beat me home!

2 Thank CAscrapgal
Pittsboro, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Shop!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This shop is outstanding! First the atmosphere is very pleasant and people are very friendly. The gift selection is unique and excellent quality. And the candy and snacks are wonderful. Items not found elsewhere. We purchased the Jalapeno Hot Sauce & Black Bean and Corn Salsa...so flavorful. This spot is a "must stop" when in the area.

2 Thank ckosut
Cary
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great candy!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I went to Mia's in search of Luna Pops and came out with all sorts of really cool candy. With over 30 flavors to choose from, the taffy selection can't be beat. They have gummy everything including gummy soldiers which I haven't seen before. I found licorice strings, watermelon coconut and sugared molasses strips. Yum! They let me sample candies which I very much appreciated.

And you've gotta' love a place that sells Pelican Poop. Shhh. It's really some kind of candy pieces but what a great souvenir for the little ones.

3 Thank MiniMouseRox
sandilowry, Owner at Mia's Marketplace, responded to this review, August 20, 2016
Thank you for the kind words! Did you know you can shop online or call us for all those candies you love! We're glad to ship.

Please visit us again - we continue to grow and change all the time!

Thank you for choosing small business and Mia's!