“Best casual restaurant on the island!”

Gallagher's Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gallagher's Sports Bar & Grill is the place to be for family fun! 16 Flat Screen TV's, a great professional staff and something on the menu for everyone. Gallagher's Sports Bar & Grill uses the freshest local seafood available, local produce when it's in season and locally baked breads and desserts!
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Bacon wrap scallops were the best I've ever had! The calamari was the crispiest I've ever had. I requested a spicy marinara and they made it special for me. Favorite burger is the buffalo burger!!!

2  Thank jcmdbm

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I am 14 years old and went to gallaghers with my family on a trip to Topsail Island. This was the first restaurant we went to and were very impressed. Me and my dad both ordered the bacon-wrapped scallops and they were fantastic. They came over pasta and it only cost about 7 or 8 dollars. The service was great and our waitress was friendly. Overall a very nice place.

3  Thank callahan24
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The food here was very fresh and tasty. The shrimp linguini was the best I've ever had. Plenty of shrimp and the sauce was a light tomato based sauce with lots of garlic. Wonderful! My husband's fried scallops and flounder were excellent. I''m not a fan of fried seafood. It just covers the taste, but the breading on the flounder was amazing! A taste I've never had before on fried food. Very crispy & crunchy with no grease. The food actually came out slow for my taste as I have 3 small children, but we managed. The chef came out later and introduced herself and told us that the food is all fresh. Nothing served from a can or cooked in the microwave. So, with that being said, I didn't mind that my food didn't come out as fast as I would have liked. It was worth it and I will go back again and again! Best food I have found in Surf City so far.

1  Thank Caryln
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place is not only FUNN!!!, but it has excellent food. Burgers are fantastic. We arrived 30 min. before closing so all of the main seafood entree's were sold out per the wait person. I really think that the kitchen had shut down everything but the fry table. So whatever the case may be, that was what we were told. WE were offered any appetizers and burgers. Burgers were a great selection. The manager is awfully nice and has family all over the restaurant, wife and kids included. So good we went back the very next night and got seafood/steaks. All quite good and presentation good. Beautiful bar area. Had a benefit for an injured soldier the 2nd night we were there. Got my vote on supporting our military if nothing else, but it is really worth going to. Families and adults welcomed!!

1  Thank Ruth G
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a party of 8 - five adults & 3 children - so we were there around 5:30 - 6:00 on Sunday, June 17th. There were a few people at the bar & another large party and that is it. Our waiter said he was new so we were very patient. Somehow the "computer" only placed half of our order so there was quite a delay in getting everyone served. Half of us were finished before the other half had their food. The children's food was fine, shrimp & grits very tasty, the fish was overcooked and yet cold and my shrimp scampi was simply buttered noodles & shrimp - absolutely no seasoning - there was no "scampi" to it. If you just want to hang out & have a beer or a drink and maybe a snack this may very well be the place to go. It was clean and is in a convenient location. I am not sure their kitchen staff is ready for bigger groups yet.

2  Thank grandmagracie