“Natural”
Review of Topsail Island

Topsail Island
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Surf City
Reviewed January 16, 2012

A great place for those that like a more laid back beach. Not a lot of choices to stay. Minimal attractions.

2  Thank loretta8315

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We rented a house on the beach for my wife and I and my three kids and there families. We had formrly lived in N Carolina and had visited almost all of the beaches there over the years. All of us agre that Topsail is by far ur favorite for family vacations due to its uncrowded, family friendly atmosphere. It is not packed like Wrightsville or filled with alcohol fueld teen crowds like Atlantic Beach. There were plenty of age appropriate attractions for the kids like minature golf, the turtle rescue hospital, fishing etc. Decent restaurants and adult attractions are there for those that want them. Highly recommended for families with kids.

3  Thank krandy21784
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is the best island if you like peace and quiet.

2  Thank liveinapex
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I will keep this simple. There were two instances of maintenance men that came to the house. One simply used a key and walked in. He was an exterminator...I was shocked when I ran into him about 10 feet from my daughters doorway!! I was not happy. I complained to the rental agency but they blamed it on the owners scheduling routine maintenance. One other minor note, the comforters on the beds were filthy and full of sand. I had to wash them all before we used them.

3  Thank abob64
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Topsail Island is exactly what a beach should be: miles of sandy beach and not much commercialism! The 3 towns that comprise Topsail Island each have a distinct pulse and personality, and all three can be driven through and taken in within one day. If you want to visit a relaxing and beautiful beach, this is the spot for you. Special note: the beach is still gorgeous and very affordable in the off season (October-May), although the ocean may not be warm enough to swim in. I've taken mile long walks on the beach and not come across another soul at this time of year!

1  Thank GlutenFreeFlying