“Very rude”

The Daily Grind
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Surf City
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Daily Grind Coffee, Donuts & Ice Cream is open 7 days a week. We have a relaxing setting with FREE WIFI! We offer a variety of menu items. Fresh Brewed Coffee, Latte's, Iced Latte's, Iced Coffee, Smoothie's, Frappe's, Ice Cream, Milk Shakes, Bagels, Muffins, Hand Dipped Ice Cream, FRESH HOT DONUTS and much much more!!! Please stop in and visit us.
Forest, Virginia
“Very rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Waitstaff was not frindly at all, no hello, good bye, thank you, can I help you. All the common courtesies you expect, you won't find here. Very rude.

DailyGrind, Owner at The Daily Grind, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
I apologize I am just seeing this review. It's has been many months but I wanted to also apologize for what type of service you received. I must say I am shocked. As you can tell from other reviews we have received, that is not typical. I only wish I could narrow down the situation and employee. I know have 12 employees going into the summer. I have never received a negative comment on any of them. Please email me when you are in Surf City next, I insist you come by for a free coffee of your choice. Traceyshugarts@gmail.com

North Topsail Beach, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Coffee Shop with Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I stopped here when we first moved on the island. We met one of the owners and she was very friendly and gave us great advice about other businesses on the island. The coffee is very good also. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
“Awesome coffee & excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Island Inn across the street, so it was a short walk to get some of the best coffee we've had. The staff is friendly and will make you smile and their blueberry muffin was delicious. We returned each morning of our vacation for our caffeine fix. They also have cold coffee drinks, sodas, juices, etc. too. Highly recommend!

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Great Coffee, Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

It's difficult to find a decent cup of coffee at restaurants in Topsail. Few of them have espresso machines and the brews tend to be weak.

Fortunately The Daily Grind provides a welcome sanctuary for coffee lovers. The atmosphere is really laid back. There is nice music playing and there is nice, comfy seating. Most importantly there is a state-of-the-art espresso machine and the baristas are very capable.

There are also cold drinks and non-caffeinated drinks for the non-coffee drinkers that you may be traveling with. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank sisler
Chardon, Ohio
“Great coffee, SENSATIONAL blueberry muffins”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was getting my coffee at Hunga Bunga until I gave Daily Grind a try. The coffee was great and the blueberry muffins were amazing. I asked if they made them fresh there onsite and they said they got them from a bakery in Wilmington. Fine with me. The muffin was a good sized muffin loaded with blueberries. The muffin was moist and amazing. And it went great with their very good decaf coffee that I ordered throughout the week we were in town.

I went back for coffee daily after finding this place. My wife had her coffee there too and we now consider it our place for coffee when on the island. I should mention also that it has a comfortable seating area both inside and out.

Definitely give Daily Grind a try.

Visited July 2013