“greasy, buffet not stocked”
Review of Grand Asian Buffet - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went to Autumn at Topsail and decided that we would eat lunch. We decided on chinese food and remembered there was a restaurant in a strip mall. We came at 1245 so we thought the buffet would be stocked and hot. Wrong on both counts. We quickly noted that we were picking over what was left and there didn't seem to be any effort to restock. The selections were typical buffet fare. The stuffed mussels were poor as was the rest of the seafood. The oily taste of almost all the food was overwhelming. Usually I don't have too many expectations on chinese buffets but even I was not only disappointed but feared that I would become sick afterward (I didn't).

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

You know, a traveler searches in vain for a Chinese restaurant that seeks to do something beyond the ordinary. This food was fine, but quite predictable. Nothing bad (except for undercooked green beans), but nothing notable. So if you want to just fill up on cheap Chinese, this is the place.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My family and I were impressed by the quality of the food and the reasonable price. By the end of our vacation we were tired of the normal places we while at the beach and decided to take a chance and try something different. They had some of the best egg drop soup I have ever had and an excellent selection of food to choose from. All the fried food we had was crisp and service was great. Hand-dipped ice cream was a nice treat!!.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Ate between 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM. on 5/01/12. Varity of hot and cold food.. Food trays were full of fresh food and very appealing. Food tasted as good as it looked. The one who welcomed us was friendly and courteous. Server was,friendly and courteous and did her job well. The only thing lacking that kept me from giving them a 5 start rating was lack of ice cream in there hand dipped ice cream freezer. Ice cream in cups or a soft ice cream machine would be better. Even if ice cream was available,that form of everyone dipping is too easy to contaminate! I would visit that restaurant again. Dee

1  Thank Dee M
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Good food, decent service,decent price,great location, close to shopping