“Thai Grille is Awesome!”
Review of Thai Grille - CLOSED

Thai Grille
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is one of the best Asian restaurants that I have been to in North Carolina. The food is always fresh, plentiful, and tasty.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I'm hoping to ad a pic of my take out from here...again it was awful.
Unless sesame chicken is now served as a tasteless flavorless soup.

1  Thank peterica
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The food here is wonderful. Rarely do I ask for very spicy and get very spicy, but here they take great pains to make sure the level of heat is close to your individual palette. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Very generous portions--many Thai restaurants load up with rice and do not give enough veggies or meat; that is not the case here. Excellent soups too. Only one booth however, which we try to get each time we visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I live about a half mile away from this restaurant and try to eat her at least a couple of times a month. The food is excellent and even when splitting a plate of curry, there is plenty of food for two. They have five types of curry and a great Pad Thai. They have other dinner selections, but I have never tried them. The wait staff is friendly and the turnover is very low so you so they get to know you. For a small, tourist town, Surf City is lucky to have the Thai Grill.

1  Thank RoverToad
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Recently dined here after doing a quick check of TripAdvisor reviews from the car. :) Asian food is really hit or miss for me, and this was a definite hit.

I wouldn't say the menu is earth-shattering or terribly innovative, but having had Thai food only once before, I was totally ok with that. I had a fairly basic stri-fry customized to my liking and whoever's cooking back there knows exactly what they're doing. Veggies were fresh, bright and cooked crisp-tender -- SO much better than nasty old overcooked frozen veg, blurgh! -- and my steak was cooked just right too. Portions are large.

The only thing I will say is if you don't like cilantro, tell your server. Every single dish on the menu comes with a liberal sprinkling of large cilantro leaves. :)

Will eat here again for sure!